No announcement yet.

cell tower on your land

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just curious, how much are they offering?

Comment

Originally posted by GarrettH View Post
      Just curious, how much are they offering?
      They haven't made an offer yet, but it sounds like $800 per month. Add 10% every 5 years.

Comment

Originally posted by stinkbelly View Post
        They haven't made an offer yet, but it sounds like $800 per month. Add 10% every 5 years.
        gotcha, I was always curious

Comment

That's way low. But you probably already knew that.

Comment

My Dad has a tower at his place. No antennas and still receiving a check. I think it’s 225’ tall by Crown Castle. My Dad added tower removal in the contact, and a nice rock road to the pad. The guys come out to check on things and change the lights at the top. My only issue is sometimes they don’t leave the gate the way they found it. So when I catch the gate left open or not locked, I remove there pad lock and replace with our master.

Comment

They will have to have access to electricity. There will also be a generator for back-up as well. The place we used to own had a tower that was for switching for a pipeline co. That was before cell phones became popular.

Comment

I need to check the facts on this but I thought my BIL said that they had an upfront payment of like $10k and then $800 or so a month. Let me double check and I will let you know.

Comment

Originally posted by Grayson View Post
                  That's way low. But you probably already knew that.
                  What Grayson said.

Food for thought: they came to my grandfather in 2003 wanting to build one on one of his tracts (highest around for several miles any direction). Initial offer was $25k as site compensation, with a monthly rental of over $3k. He negotiated up from there, but finally decided not to do it based on the eyesore.

Comment

If you can get $800 a month, that little plot of land will be the most productive acreage on the place. We have an internet tower at our front gate. Free standing, one hundred and fifty feet tall. It sits on a 16'x16' pad. Total construction time was about six days and another ten or twelve to get power to the pad and wire things up. I've seen them come for a few hours quite a few times in recent weeks as they are adding LTE antennas.

We don't even notice the thing. It is a half mile away from the house. An added benefit is when giving directions, we can tell people to turn in at the tower.

Comment

My question is what do they offer? My grandfather who lived through the depression took their first offer and thought he was getting rich. I myself thought the amount offered was a joke. But to each their own.

Comment

I’m surprised to hear they only need 75’x75’. I wish they would call me. I’d call them if I knew the number.

Comment

Originally posted by Antlers86 View Post
                          Either way there will be a cell tower within visibility of your place if you say no. Mine as well get paid to see it.
                          I’m with this. If you have to look at it you might as well get paid for it. Just my 2 cents.

Comment

What happens if a storm come through and blows it down? What if a worker injures your live stock? What if a worker gets injured on your place? Who would be liable? Just some thoughts.

Comment

Will they build the road?

Comment

Pm sent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X