Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone bought strangers mounts for your wall?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I only have mounts that me and my family have shot but I have bought paintings that other people painted. Seems similar to buying taxidermy, it's also artwork.

Comment

Originally posted by matagordian View Post
      Also, I buy fish at the HEB that I didn't catch.
      LOL No shiat! Imagine having to take your bow to a pro shop because a string and two cables just overwhelms you or having to pay someone to weld something for you because you can't even burn your eyes?

Not judging just looking for other perspectives from folks who do this

smh

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2022-05-19 092849.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	27.3 KB
ID:	24685344

Comment

So just a perspective. When I went through my first divorce I found a bar that would buy all my mounts. It upset me but I was in a bad situation. I really missed looking at deer on the wall. Sounds stupid I know. I landed up having pictures of those deer and made a photo album. I did contemplate buying some once I was on the upswing from a fella that was getting rid of them cheap. Very similar to my situation previously. Some could have passed as my previous deer as well. To me although a different deer kinda preserved the memories, but I didn’t and just rolled with photo album and told myself just like anything there is always another one I can shoot and put up on my own. So I could see people doing it for unique situations or appreciate a nice taxi job.

Comment

Originally posted by Traildust View Post
          LOL No shiat! Imagine having to take your bow to a pro shop because a string and two cables just overwhelms you or having to pay someone to weld something for you because you can't even burn your eyes?

smh

[ATTACH]1089978[/ATTACH]

Swing and a miss. No high horse here at all. There’s been some really good responses. Yours and buying fish to eat at the store were not two of them.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
            You found them...you picked them up. Sounds like they are yours to do with as you please..
            Great answer!

Sent from my motorola one 5G UW ace using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by JayB View Post
              What about picking up sheds of deer you did not kill? Just a thought.....

Have you ever picked up a shed from a deer you killed? Ever?

You found them...you picked them up. Sounds like they are yours to do with as you please..
              Yep! This is what shed hunting is.

Originally posted by JayB View Post
              Great answer!

Agree 100%

Comment

I have a scrubby set of antlers that an old man gave me with a story. He only asked that I tell folk I took the animal, I just can’t do it with a straight face. Supposedly the guy was the real life inspiration for “Jug Johnson”. I eventually get to that when I have enough time because it really is good humor that should continue to live on.

On a fateful day in 1975, Skeeter's response to this letter began the entangled web of correspondence with the annoying, irrepressible, and always entertaining Jug Johnson. Their "friendship" went on for years. Here's how it all started. --The editors

Last edited by Voodoo; 05-19-2022, 09:12 AM.

Comment

smh

[ATTACH]1089978[/ATTACH]

Sooooo ....how many animals do you have on your wall that somebody else killed? And were the materials made in China?

Comment

Originally posted by scott1022 View Post
                    I love that statement! "Perspective" is a word that I have embraced in recent years. It has humbled me many times. It kind of revealed how many times I was judging someone without even attempting to understand their perspective.

So props to you! Reading that statement really encouraged me this morning!
                    Yessir and I appreciate you seeing it as I intended it to be.

Comment

Sooooo ....how many animals do you have on your wall that somebody else killed? And were the materials made in China?
                      Less than you!

Ask FND what chyna parts he puts on your bow

Comment

I can see where someone might really like the "style" and use them for decor only

Cheaper to buy a mount than it is to go hunting

That being said, my mounts ended up in the attic cause they would look out of place in our home, and I'm fine with it. If someone wanted to buy them I'd probably sell them

Comment

Less than you!

That's impossible.. Especially if you count your jackalope..

Comment

That's impossible.. Especially if you count your jackalope..
                            That jackalope was real, son! Shot him with an x-bow.

Comment

To add to my other post, it's all about intent. It's one thing to buy mounts because you like the way they look. No judgement there. Just don't go buy a big trophy deer head and act like you killed something amazing. I've seen a person do that, it's pathetic.

Comment

I bought a big ole striper mount off Craigslist 10+ years ago. Gave it to my neighbor for his fish camp on the Trinity. For $25 it looked cool on the wall.

Comment

Working...
                                X