No announcement yet.

Tell me about your favorite .308 rifle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Remington 700 action sent to Pac-Nor. Varmint profile cut to 16 inches and threaded had them install a brake but it stays suppressed. Used Magpul mag conversion kit but wished id stayed BDL. Very mild on recoil the kids favorite rifle. It took about 7 months to build. That was the estimate from Pac-Nor. Cant remember how to upload picts at the moment.

Comment

Ain't much to tell. Just one them ugly old Savages.
      Attached Files

Comment

My favorite .308 was the Marlin that I bought my son when we went elk hunting. The Kimber that I bought at the NRA banquet wouldn’t group with any of several brands of ammo. I own no .308s now. Not that I have anything against them, I just don’t need one.

Comment

Originally posted by muzzlebrake View Post
          Ain't much to tell. Just one them ugly old Savages.
          How do you like that BOG? Looking for something like that for night hog blasting.

Comment

springfield M1A1 super match

Comment

Originally posted by kck View Post
              How do you like that BOG? Looking for something like that for night hog blasting.
              It's rock solid with every gun I put on it. Even my PCP air rifles. It will hold a 15 lb gun without tilting. It is a bit on the heavy side but manageable.

Comment

Sako Black Bear. Handy size, quality build and very accurate!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Saco Finnbear Delux. Beautiful well made 308.

Comment

An old Mossberg 800A!lol She ain't much to look at but sho nuff a shooter! My Dad bought it back in the 70's from a co-worker who was needing some money. Seems like it was less than a hundy. Prolly not worth much but sentimental value is on up there.

Comment

Originally posted by muzzlebrake View Post
                      It's rock solid with every gun I put on it. Even my PCP air rifles. It will hold a 15 lb gun without tilting. It is a bit on the heavy side but manageable.
                      Good deal, thank ya sir.

Comment

Remington Model 700v, Heavy barrel with heavy wood stock. Bought it in early 70s I believe but could be wrong. Always gets the job done.

Comment

Originally posted by Bone Thug View Post
                          My favorite is my Remington 788 carbine 308. It’s a special gun to me and crazy accurate.
                          Took the words right out of my mouth. My favorite rifle snd the one I grab the most when going into the field.

Comment

I’ve got 22” and 18” tikkas in 308… absolutely fantastic guns. Bought my dad a Ruger predator in 308 and for the money it’s hard to beat

Comment

A Remington 788 shooter here, 150gr Barnes ttsx @ 3000 FPS

Comment

had a ruger mk2 stainless with the original synthetic stock,,, for a box stock gun i managed to get it down to .037" at 100 with a 150 ballistic tip, with the 125 ballistic tip i got it down to .157 at 100,,,, should have kept it!

Comment

Working...
                                X