No announcement yet.

Weatherford Baseball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

People saying the sh*t talking in baseball in new school must not have been baseball fans for very long. It’s been around since the beginning of the game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Dude that hit the home run must be a *****. You would think if his teammates were his boys they would have gone Ty Cobb on the pitcher and spiked, stomped and beat the snot out of him.

Comment

Jerra Jones probably has already signed him as his next work in progress

Comment

Originally posted by Triple 7 View Post
          The amount of endless Sh%T talking in these games is crazy. The batter flipped off the middle infielders and cursed at the pitcher a couple of times. The ole boy just snapped. I think a lot of it has to do with the zero tolerance rule that went into effect years ago. Ever since then more people have been running their mouth without fear of getting their butts kicked. That builds up and things like this happen. I'm not taking up the the pitcher, he hurt himself and his team by doing this.
          I umpire High School and College baseball and the trash talking and disrespectfulness in the game has gotten out of hand. There are a number of great programs and players that handle themselves well and don't play into that kind of crap, but there are alot of players and programs that are out of control. As soon as the umpire (who you can see in the video getting on the player that hit the home run) heard the kid talking trash and cussing the pitcher, he should have dumped him. People that say this kind of stuff is part of the game, and that this type of stuff is to be expected and acceptable, are just flat wrong. I wish the rules committee would place a zero tolerance policy on the trash talking like they have on players leaving their positions and dugouts when conflict/fights breakout. At least at the amateur levels. The whole bat flipping crap is another sportsmanship issue; as well as, a safety issue. Players are flipping bats when they draw a walk now. It's not part of the game either. Players need to let their play speak for itself, and act like they've done it before. I love competition and players that play passionately, but smart mouth, disrespectful players are hard to tolerate.
          Last edited by goldtip5575; 04-21-2022, 03:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by RR 314 View Post
            Dude that hit the home run must be a *****. You would think if his teammates were his boys they would have gone Ty Cobb on the pitcher and spiked, stomped and beat the snot out of him.
            Had they done that, then they would have all been suspended a possibly expelled. They are taught the rules on day 1. If they leave the dugout or bullpen then they are just as guilty. It looked like the pitcher had things under control anyway.

Comment

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=onQEVX2EBNE&t=37s"]Weatherford college pitcher tackles opponent during baseball game, video shows - YouTube[/ame]
              [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=onQEVX2EBNE&t=37s"]Weatherford college pitcher tackles opponent during baseball game, video shows - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

Look at #20 at the bottom right of the screen!

Comment

Had they done that, then they would have all been suspended a possibly expelled. They are taught the rules on day 1. If they leave the dugout or bullpen then they are just as guilty. It looked like the pitcher had things under control anyway.
                  You are not "just as guilty" in my book for getting some guy who just Japped your teammate off of him. . . while leaving a few marks in the process. I would take that suspension and deal with the consequences. If a school expelled me for serving Thrasymachus style justice, I would quickly realize I was at the wrong place from the start. I would like to think I would have been suspended if in that dugout and would have expected the same from my teammates.

Comment

Dirty Doug Out would be proud.

Comment

Looks like the pitcher has been removed from the team.

Comment

Originally posted by chunkinlead View Post
                        People saying the sh*t talking in baseball in new school must not have been baseball fans for very long. It’s been around since the beginning of the game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                        its not the s talk, i am fine with that, its the annoying yelling, screaming, and making sound effects during the pitchers wind up that i cant stand.

we have been playing select baseball for 7-8 years and 14u is the worst. i have also been going to HS games for 7-8 years now and the last 2-3 years it seems to have really picked up and is rivaling the girls softball games with the constant mindless chatter.

Comment

Originally posted by mikemorvan View Post
                          Dirty Doug Out would be proud.
                          Haha, love me some Gordo.

Comment

Originally posted by RR 314 View Post
                            You are not "just as guilty" in my book for getting some guy who just Japped your teammate off of him. . . while leaving a few marks in the process. I would take that suspension and deal with the consequences. If a school expelled me for serving Thrasymachus style justice, I would quickly realize I was at the wrong place from the start. I would like to think I would have been suspended if in that dugout and would have expected the same from my teammates.
                            i hear ya, but the consequences for your actions can really suck (imagine that!)....

my senior year, all we had to do was beat lowly wylie to clinch a playoff spot in basketball. they were one of the worst teams in the district and we had already beaten them once.

as i remember it, the game was a bit chippy already, and then halfway through the 3rd quarter the PG on their team is bringing the ball up and as my best friend slides up to play D the kid reaches out and B slaps him, not really that hard, but the force of the slap wasnt what mattered lol.

my buddy goes after the kid, who is backpeddling and steadily dotting my boy in the face lol, after eating a 5 piece he finally got his hands on him and the dog pile ensued.

i was on the bench at the time and went and jumped in the chaos, along with 4-5 others. after the dust settled, everyone that left the bench or was involved was ejected leaving us without enough players to play and we forfeited the game, ending our season.

i met my buddy at the ez mart the next morning and his face was a disaster lol.

Comment

.....people have been running their mouth without fear of getting their butts kicked.....
                              THIS is a big part of what's wrong with the world. Karma comes visiting less and less these days.

Comment

We just followed the hockey game plan. Had 2-3 guys that could handle any business that arose and wouldn't kill us when they had to make the trip to the parking lot early.

I remember relaying the the message once or twice that number X was getting one in the ribs and to be at the top step if needed.
                                Last edited by mrddye; 04-22-2022, 08:07 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X