No announcement yet.

Somerville PHL 18-19

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I went to each of the three main group of oak trees that I hunt and on one branch out of probably twenty trees I could see small acorns. Usually these trees are loaded.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J727A using Tapatalk

Comment

This was a few weeks ago in the hill country. They look like grapes. I haven't seen anything close to this in PHL.

Comment

Been a drought of a summer for us here. We will see acorns but not such a large crop as years past.. ones I’m seeing around about size of a fingernail..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I did a little dove hunting(saw none) and scouting out there today. I may be on one of your game cameras since I walked right past it, so if you see a guy on there that can drop the panties that’s me lol. Kept walking even deeper and found a hang-on stand then walked deeper and found an old ladder stand or platform of some sort, didn’t get close enough to tell. Don’t worry, I won’t go back that deep in that area again. Checked out a few other spots, super thick but I’m seeing more boot marks in the dirt, so I need to decide on a spot soon! I also saw several trees with good acorns coming on, not every tree though, so that may be the determining factor. I need to start wearing my full leg length snake proof gators. I’ve almost stepped on way too many of those bad snakes out there, too thick to see them. Good luck scouting everyone, I got selected for Aransas NWR first weekend of season so I’ll be there then I can’t hunt second weekend, may make it out during opening week but otherwise I’ll be there weekend 3 of season....hopefully it cools some down by then too!

Comment

I was out and about today. Saw a few trucks this time. Got a shooter buck on one camera and a new non shooter on another. Got my tree stand up in the tree but I still need to work on it. It is dry dry dry! We saw a few ribbon snakes as we call them but nothing harmful. No animals in site today. Same scenario with the acorns, it's hit or miss. The pecans are everywhere though. Like walking on gravel. Ragweed is taller than 6'. After the flood last year I hate to say it but that place needs rain bad. I'll be back next weekend.

Comment

How worried are yall about the tree stand rules? Is it really feasible for a hunter to occupy their stand once every three days?

Comment

Originally posted by greenmonstah View Post
                How worried are yall about the tree stand rules? Is it really feasible for a hunter to occupy their stand once every three days?

I mean yes and no lol nake sure ya lock it up lol

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

How far is a GW willing to walk to find a tree stand? Lol.

Comment

Originally posted by greenmonstah View Post
                    How far is a GW willing to walk to find a tree stand? Lol.

Hes not going to walk around looking for them. Other hunters are the ones who report them with the coordinates. He will then leave a tag.. if the tag is still there after 72hrs and you have not communicated with the GW. He will then remove it

Comment

I guess some hunters are just *******s. I mean is it that big of a deal?

Comment

It is...for some.

Some need to think of it as a lot of us do. We can’t afford 3-4K a yr for a lease. If I have a stand out there...let me be. Do these same people call GW when they find a long forgotten jugline or trotline on lake/river?
                        Doubtful...

Comment

I found an old tree stand and instead of calling the GW I put a camera nearby. Didn't see anyone using it for two seasons and have some deer/hog traffic. To me that's a win win instead of having a GW take it down.

Comment

Finally getting some rain these past few days. That could help a lot.

Comment

I had a gentleman walk by one of my cameras this past Saturday and immediately I thought there goes my camera. (I forgot my lock.) Well my camera is still there and working fine. Not sure if he saw it or not but I just wanted to apologize for doubting the gentleman. Thank you for being a respectful hunter. After my buddy's tree stand was stolen two days after putting it out last season, you just can't help but think the worst. So if that was you, I just wanted to say thank you.

Comment

Who's ready for flood #6?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X