A Game Of Thrones

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 1369 View Post
    Now, this just isn't fair, who in their right mind ends a chapter with "When she woke the next morning, she was blind."?

This is so going to eat up my lunch hour.
    She is really the only high point of that book... Her story line kept me reading...

The absence of so many of the "big names" from the ffc drug it on and on for me... But luckily for you dwd is right behind it for you... I had to wait 5 years...

Comment

She is my favorite character. I am so excited to see what she becomes!!

Comment

LOL! ^^

book 5 (A Dance with Dragons) almost had me bored with it. for my taste just too much fluff ( all the descriptions of what people are wearing and such.... Filler) not too mention name changing for the new chapters (takes a bit to figure out which character we are reading about)

addicted though. (but not cook book addicted LOL)

Comment

Originally posted by Encinal View Post
          She is really the only high point of that book... Her story line kept me reading...

The absence of so many of the "big names" from the ffc drug it on and on for me... But luckily for you dwd is right behind it for you... I had to wait 5 years...
          I agree with you and Martin has admitted that if he had it to do over he would do those two books over again and split them up differently.

Comment

Another Series Worth Your Time

Game of Thrones is awesome, but if you're looking for something to fill the void until book 6 comes out, try Robert Jordan's Wheel of Time Series. I rank it a hair above Game of Thrones. 15 books total and the last one came out at the begining of the year. It was posthumously cowritten by Brand Sanderson, with notes from Robert Jordan.

Like Martin, Jordan throws in a lot of fluff, but the books are freakin awesome. Martin is heavier on political machinations and intrigue, but Jordan's action parts blow Martin away.

Start with the prequel, "New Spring," and you won't be disappointed.

Comment

Never missed a HBO episode but I doubt I will be reading the books!!! Come on Sunday night!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Trent D View Post
                Game of Thrones is awesome, but if you're looking for something to fill the void until book 6 comes out, try Robert Jordan's Wheel of Time Series. I rank it a hair above Game of Thrones. 15 books total and the last one came out at the begining of the year. It was posthumously cowritten by Brand Sanderson, with notes from Robert Jordan.

Like Martin, Jordan throws in a lot of fluff, but the books are freakin awesome. Martin is heavier on political machinations and intrigue, but Jordan's action parts blow Martin away.

Start with the prequel, "New Spring," and you won't be disappointed.
                Wheel of time is great fantasy... But song of ice and fire is literature.

Comment

Fantasy

Originally posted by Encinal View Post
                  Wheel of time is great fantasy... But song of ice and fire is literature.
                  Really? Dragons, undead, magic, etc..... Sounds like fantasy to me.

Comment

Reading the first one. Hard to get into. Hard to keep up with all the characters, families, etc. Author is good...I'm just not a lords and dragons and knights type. Trying to give it a fair shot though.

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
                      Reading the first one. Hard to get into. Hard to keep up with all the characters, families, etc. Author is good...I'm just not a lords and dragons and knights type. Trying to give it a fair shot though.
                      I'm not the fantasy type either, but this one has my attention.

Finally read up on the enire song of ice and fire series. Really interesting the way it has come about

Comment

Once you get to "The things I do for love." you are hooked.

Comment

Stick With It

Stick with it and you won't be disappointed. A lot gets thrown at you in the first book that won't make sense until your get deeper into the series. Also, there are several glossary/indexes that can be found online that helps to keep all of the characters in order.

I go back and reread the previous one or two books everytime there is a new release and I'm always floored by how much I missed.

Comment

I love the show. Finally some good drama at the end of last Sunday's episode

Comment

Is there an audio book download somewhere? I bought the books but the print is so small I am having a hard time with these old eyes.

Comment

Originally posted by wilded View Post
                                Is there an audio book download somewhere? I bought the books but the print is so small I am having a hard time with these old eyes.
                                Check with the Houston Public Library. You might have to put in a request and be patient. But I believe they have all of the books.

If not, shoot me a PM and I will check my hard drive at home. I believe I have most of them saved as mp3 files.
                                Last edited by Trent D; 04-18-2013, 10:25 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X