Ka ka ka killed it in Venice today!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
    Thank you for not ruining a fine Slab of meat.

I saw fried yellow fin the other day and wanted to throat punch the guy

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Amen

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Comment

Dont hit me boss man but I actually tried that one time. We just got back from one of our trips and I was frying some wahoo. Since I had piles of yellowfin as well I figured I'd fry a little of that too. I'd never heard of anybody doing it but figured why not. It's really kind of weird! Tastes and feels more like a chicken strip than fish. Was pretty good but I dont think I would do it again.

I love to catch them but tuna isnt my favorite to eat! Glen makes some poke that is fantastic and just sliced with the right stuff its pretty good. The steaks dont do a whole lot for me and momma though. We pretty much can most of it these days and eat it all year long.

Comment

Ahhhh yeah. Congrats.

Comment

Originally posted by doug View Post
          Dont hit me boss man but I actually tried that one time. We just got back from one of our trips and I was frying some wahoo. Since I had piles of yellowfin as well I figured I'd fry a little of that too. I'd never heard of anybody doing it but figured why not. It's really kind of weird! Tastes and feels more like a chicken strip than fish. Was pretty good but I dont think I would do it again.

I love to catch them but tuna isnt my favorite to eat! Glen makes some poke that is fantastic and just sliced with the right stuff its pretty good. The steaks dont do a whole lot for me and momma though. We pretty much can most of it these days and eat it all year long.
          I'm more than willing to take it off your hands. No welcome slaps needed [emoji16]

Comment

Man you sure did good!! Tuna is delicious

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I'm more than willing to take it off your hands. No welcome slaps needed [emoji16]

Same here, you can stop in Lake Charles and I'll take all you need to get rid of

Comment

Originally posted by doug View Post

You’re doing it wrong.........

Comment

Well I love tuna raw fresh. I’ve tried on the grill and don’t even like a sear on it. Ruins the taste. So I eat raw for about 10 days then it all goes in jars. I eat about 30# of Poke and just plain YFT for about 10 days. Kids eat all they can. Friends and neighbors get some. Then goes to jars.
                  I wish I could just get a little 40#er about once a month. That would be perfect

Comment

Originally posted by Leon County Slayer View Post
                    how long a ride out to the rig was it?
                    Maybe an hour and half to get to the tuna rig. Those boats make it nice too.

Comment

Originally posted by glen View Post
                      Well I love tuna raw fresh. I’ve tried on the grill and don’t even like a sear on it. Ruins the taste. So I eat raw for about 10 days then it all goes in jars. I eat about 30# of Poke and just plain YFT for about 10 days. Kids eat all they can. Friends and neighbors get some. Then goes to jars.
                      I wish I could just get a little 40#er about once a month. That would be perfect
                      I do EXACTLY the same.... exactly.. how funny... I'd like to talk to you about canning it.

Comment

You da man TT

Comment

My wife and kids think something wrong with me. Monday, Tuesday, and today, I've made these poke bowls for lunch and dinner.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

Comment

while I agree with you on most of the fish there are some less than prime cuts that garlic ahi katsu is hard to beat.

Nice haul OP, it's a bucket list trip for me for sure

Comment

Working...
                            X