No announcement yet.

Rattlesnake ID

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Your black tail and the one in the OP both have the double diamond pattern. Colors are a little different, but other rattlesnakes of the same species can vary in color too. Mojave has a single diamond or more oval pattern, similar to prairie rattler. The double "snake eyes" pattern is black tail.

Comment

Dang! That one was born with king horn coming out of his head!

Comment

Cool looking snakes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Cool snakes. Never knew there were blacktails in Junction (I am assuming Texas).

Comment

Originally posted by Ag 89 View Post
            Cool snakes. Never knew there were blacktails in Junction (I am assuming Texas).
            Lots of them in the hill country. Growing up here in the hill country we killed or had run ins with just as many blacktails as we did diamondbacks.

This link may help some of y’all see it’s a blacktailed rattler as well as see all the different rattle snakes we have here in TX.

Last edited by diamond10x; 07-23-2021, 10:58 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by diamond10x View Post
              Lots of them in the hill country. Growing up here in the hill country we killed or had run ins with just as many blacktails as we did diamondbacks.
              Wow! I have buddy that lives off of 27, down from the Valiant Ranch. He raises both venomous and non venomous snakes. Told me he’s never caught a rattlesnake since living there and actively looking for them

Comment

Beautiful

Comment

Originally posted by Hogmauler View Post
                  Wow! I have buddy that lives off of 27, down from the Valiant Ranch. He raises both venomous and non venomous snakes. Told me he’s never caught a rattlesnake since living there and actively looking for them
                  Hmmm that’s weird, it’s funny you say 27 though. Have a buddy that grew up off 27 between comfort and centerpoint and they’d kill a couple rattlers a year near the house and barn.

Comment

He’s got about 300 snakes on 10 acres along with three rescue mountain lions and a rescue tiger.

Comment

He’s got about 300 snakes on 10 acres along with three rescue mountain lions and a rescue tiger.
                      I'm at Valiant Ranch quite a bit and would love to check out some of those snakes.

I thought it was a pretty snake, just glad my boy and I didn't run across one while scouting.

Comment

Blacktail rattlesnake

Comment

That woulda made a beautiful hat band!
                          X2

Cool color and cool pattern.

Comment

Working...
                          X