No announcement yet.

Tractors... 4wd vs 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As the others have said, get 4WD. 5 years ago I bought my Mahindra 5570 (70hp) 4x4 for money within your budget and LOVE it.
    Attached Files

Comment

Also- go on any Craigslist and see how many later model low hour used tractors are on there, if their are a lot of 1 brand ( and there are) then stay away from those. Most are knock offs.

Comment

4wd

Comment

Originally posted by dclifton View Post
          Im with this guy. It should be against the law to even be able to put a loader on a 2wd tractor nowdays. LOL.

You will be much happier with a 50hp 4wd with cab.

Extra cab weight will help.

Also fill the back tires with fluid and you will be amazed at the difference
          You do realize that cab will eat up part of your 50 hp, right? A 50 hp with a cab ain’t a 50 hp tractor.

Comment

Originally posted by retrieverman View Post
            You do realize that cab will eat up part of your 50 hp, right? A 50 hp with a cab ain’t a 50 hp tractor.

Explain what about the cab besides AC robs power

Comment

Originally posted by Bucknaked View Post
              Also- go on any Craigslist and see how many later model low hour used tractors are on there, if their are a lot of 1 brand ( and there are) then stay away from those. Most are knock offs.

I’m seeing a bunch of used orange ones. Cab would be really nice but thinking that money may be better spent on more hp. Sambo you got a website with used ones for sale. If so send me a pm. Thanks

Comment

Front end loader and 4x4 is a must.
                Fill your back tires with Ballast. And never look back.

Comment

Originally posted by bboswell View Post
                  Explain what about the cab besides AC robs power
                  The radio?

Curious as well?

We went from 2x4 to 4x4. Other than pushing stuff with fel only once have I used 4x4.

But I also know when not go into something

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

I’d buy the 4x4. That being said I own a 55hp 2wd and can get that thing out of a mess with the loader, I mean a big mess.

Comment

I have 2wd tractors and have no issues working them. I have a Case 485 with FEL and MF 230, they both out perform equal size Kubota power wise. I would normally vote bigger HP 2wd over a smaller HP 4wd. I am getting old and that cab means a lot in the summer and protection from Bee's. I would vote for the cab

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
                        The radio?

Curious as well?

We went from 2x4 to 4x4. Other than pushing stuff with fel only once have I used 4x4.

But I also know when not go into something

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

I use 4x4 more for extra push when loading the bucket and to maintain steering when turning with a disc etc than I ever do for mud. If it were only for mud 4c4 would be optional.

Comment

Working...
                        X