• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Smithwr View Post
    Mark the edge of the swelling with a sharpie and keep an eye on it
    Check it every 12 hours! lol!

Comment

Originally posted by Smithwr View Post
      Mark the edge of the swelling with a sharpie and keep an eye on it
      This is what the nurse did. Drew a circle around the edge of the hard center area, then drew around the outside edge of the red area.

Comment

When it hit me 4 times, I thought it was an odd nerve pain. I deal with a lot of nerve pains in one of my feet quit often, and recently that nerve pain has been spreading to other areas so I thought it was just a bad nerve pain, that lasted about a minute each. That is why I didn’t check it for 12 hours.

Comment

Originally posted by 91cavgt View Post
          When it hit me 4 times, I thought it was an odd nerve pain. I deal with a lot of nerve pains in one of my feet quit often, and recently that nerve pain has been spreading to other areas so I thought it was just a bad nerve pain, that lasted about a minute each. That is why I didn’t check it for 12 hours.
          That makes sense. I think I have a touch of neuropathy and get weird sharp pains in odd places, mostly my foot.

Comment

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
            That makes sense. I think I have a touch of neuropathy and get weird sharp pains in odd places, mostly my foot.

Does it feel like a lightning bolt or is it longer lasting? I don’t wish the lightning bolt nerve pain on anyone.

Comment

Does it feel like a lightning bolt or is it longer lasting? I don’t wish the lightning bolt nerve pain on anyone.
              That’s exactly how I described my back pain to my surgeon. That crap would jolt me wide awake from a dead sleep

Comment

Since ya said it hit you 4 times is sure sounds like a scorpion . I have been hit dozens of times by them and it sucks .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

My wife got hit by what we think was an Africanized honey bee. The red ring of the sting got about the size of a baseball and she said it itched really bad. Also, the sting area had a bad fever. She went to the doc and got antibiotics... it lasted about a week before it started to get better.

Comment

Same thing happened to me same kind of reaction...was a red wasp for me

Comment

Did your tongue have any kind of weird feeling a few hours after you felt the pain?
                      I've been stung by a scorpion on two different occasions and each time I got a slight numbness in my tongue. Kind of weird feeling.

Comment

Originally posted by Wood Man View Post
                        Did your tongue have any kind of weird feeling a few hours after you felt the pain?
                        I've been stung by a scorpion on two different occasions and each time I got a slight numbness in my tongue. Kind of weird feeling.
                        I got stung one time in Kansas and for a couple hours I felt like I had put my tongue on a9volt battery. My hunting buddies thought I was crazy.

Comment

I’ve been hit by yellow jackets and red wasps. All that happens is a little red dot and it bothers me for about 30 minutes then it’s done and gone.

I didn’t feel anything crawling on my chest but I suppose it could have been on my shirt. Never had any tingling or numbness at all. Just got a stiff neck and my back feels like I’ve been moving sandbags all day.

Comment

No, mine is not nearly that bad; just like a light bee sting.

Comment

I got stung by a asp once. I did not have symptoms like this. I had been cutting some brush, then carrying the brush to a brush pile. Pretty sure that's how the thing got on me. It was on the right side of my neck. I was driving over to a buddy's house. On the way over, I started to feel something was not normal. I felt like I was starting to come down with something. Then I a feeling going through my chest, that the only way I could describe it, was like a poison was flowing through my veins, through my chest. I then started to feel light headed, sweating weak. I had to pull off of the road I was not sure what was going on. I almost thought I was having a heart attack, was not really sure of the symptoms. But some of what I could remember, seemed similar. I kept going back to that feeling that a poison was flowing through my chest. After about 20 minutes, the symptoms started to go away. All of the symptoms I experienced only lasted maybe a hour and a half, then all of the symptoms were gone. After the symptoms mostly went away, I went over to my buddy's house. When he answered the door, he said there is a worm on your neck and knocked it off. I turned around and looked at what he knocked off of my neck, it was a asp. At that point, all of the symptoms I had just experienced made sense.

I never felt a sting, never felt a burning sensation, where the asp was. It was right on the artery in the right side of my neck, so the venom, most likely spread through my body quickly. I did not have any scars or marks afterwards. I just got the crap scared out of me, because of the symptoms and not knowing what was going on. I was trying to figure out how I could have been poisoned and came up with nothing, till later when I saw the asp on the ground. Not sure how those things affect other people, but those were my symptoms. If you get stung by an asp, it's not going to take off in a hurry, they don't move very fast. So if you get stung by one, it most likely will still be on you, when you realize something is wrong.
                              Last edited by RifleBowPistol; 09-15-2018, 10:10 PM.

Comment

I recommend Benadryl to help with itching.

Comment

Working...
                                X