Going on 2 yrs of Trump...reactions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Going on 2 yrs of Trump...reactions?

Looking over a news story about the current circus of the SCOTUS confirmation process...there was a reference to the meltdowns and reactions that happened election night. Went to youtube and watched a couple of the news show compilations with all of the histerics / doomsday / disgusted / unbelievable / what are people thinking / world is ending / etc. comments (FUNNY STUFF!!).

After two years of the Trump administration...have people's lives really been upended? Or were all the screaming reactions just noise to be making noise?

A couple of my family/extended family members were big anti-Trump folks...since the election, both have progressed in their careers, one has moved to a bigger house, but still rant about how bad everything is under Trump...?

What am I missing? Not on a touchy/feely/emotional level, but has the true-life reality part of going about day-to-day life and business, changed significantly in some way? Don't want to start a name-calling firestorm, just curious as to what factor of having Trump as POTUS done to anyone?

Dave

Trump has been pretty bad for the area I live in, which voted heavily republican in the election. In general, I’m sure the economy is doing fine across the country & we’re probably the exception, but it still stings a bit and I know he’s lost a lot of votes around here (not that those votes matter in the big picture, at all).

I’d say he’s about like any other politician. Does about half of what he says, about half the people like him, and half the people hate him.

Comment

Originally posted by Razrbk89 View Post
      Trump has been pretty bad for the area I live in, which voted heavily republican in the election. In general, I’m sure the economy is doing fine across the country & we’re probably the exception, but it still stings a bit and I know he’s lost a lot of votes around here (not that those votes matter in the big picture, at all).

I’d say he’s about like any other politician. Does about half of what he says, about half the people like him, and half the people hate him.
      Curious has to why he has been bad in your area?

Comment

Originally posted by BrandonA View Post
        Curious has to why he has been bad in your area?
        Tariffs are putting the screws to row crop farmers. Everyone understands that our trade situation needed fixing, but the sudden change shocked the market and it may never recover (beans, anyway). China can buy beans from SA & Brazil, Argentina etc. would love to take up the slack. Pretty dangerous/irresponsible gamble that really cost a lot of guys a lot of money.

That being said, it’s a small percentage of the population and no one cares. The average person has no idea where their food comes from and does not care, so long as it’s cheap.

Comment

Tariffs are putting the screws to row crop farmers. Everyone understands that our trade situation needed fixing, but the sudden change shocked the market and it may never recover (beans, anyway). China can buy beans from SA & Brazil, Argentina etc. would love to take up the slack. Pretty dangerous/irresponsible gamble that really cost a lot of guys a lot of money.

That being said, it’s a small percentage of the population and no one cares. The average person has no idea where their food comes from and does not care, so long as it’s cheap.
          I kinda figured it was agriculture related

Comment

House prices in my neighborhood have gone through the roof, and getting hard to find older cars........

Comment

It’s an up and down industry, really just the way it is. In any political plan, there will be winners and losers. I’m not the worlds biggest Trump fan, but I think his economic plans are good overall & there should end up being more winners than losers.

Comment

He saved my industry.
                Being a coal miner feels a lot like a buggy whip salesman a 100 years ago.
                I am sure at some point we will all be out of work but we were done for sure under Hilary

Comment

Trump has been pretty bad for the area I live in, which voted heavily republican in the election.
                  If you step and look at the big picture, I am sure you would admit that he is better than any Clinton would have been? Right?

The rice farmers I know in Louisiana, sure arent complaining that a Clinton isnt in office. But then again, they probably dont worry about Arkincide the way people do in Arkansas.

Comment

YeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeHawwwwwwwwwww
                    MAGA!

It's so nice to wake up every morning to hear rabid democrats screaming and slobbering all over the place. If we could just harness their tears we could grow watermelons in the Mojave desert.

Comment

Originally posted by batmaninja View Post
                      If you step and look at the big picture, I am sure you would admit that he is better than any Clinton would have been? Right?

The rice farmers I know in Louisiana, sure arent complaining that a Clinton isnt in office. But then again, they probably dont worry about Arkincide the way people do in Arkansas.
                      Big picture, maybe. That’s all speculation at this point because no one knows what might have happened, but I am glad that she didn’t end up getting the job.

I’ve never heard of Arkancide, but have you talked to your Louisiana friends lately about input or commodity prices? There are a couple sorry old rice farms around here and rumor has it the guys working them aren’t jumping for joy 😉

Comment

He is sticking to his campaign promises and delivering on them even with all the interference from the Democrat Party. I see Trump dealing with the problems and not the symptoms. He is laying the foundation by addressing the fundamental problems in making the changes necessary so that even when he is out of office those changes will still remain in effect at least until a future president and administration comes along and changes them. In my opinion he is showing the Republicans how to take the Democrats head-on and fight back against their political correctness and their crooked ways.

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

Comment

My 401k and other investments are way up! I do believe a vote for Trump was really a vote against Clinton

Comment

Trump keeps winning. Our economy is on fire. He is putting America first. And keep in mind he is doing all of this in the midst of a constant bombardment of Libs/Dems trying to take his head off.

If you can't recognize all that has been accomplished thus far then you are a never-Trumper and won't be convinced otherwise.

See you at the polls!

Comment

Making more money and getting to keep more of it at the same time. Winning all the way around

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X