Pig Backstrap question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by brrdnk View Post
    I sous vide some back strap last week at 155 for 5 hrs. Then used a pineapple coconut mango tequila sauce/marinade on it when I put it on the grill. Then sliced thin and made tacos with some slaw on it. Meat was tender and moist.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Where do you get that sauce/marinade? That sounds awesome.

Comment

I made this the other day with deer backstrap but it would be good with pork also.

Best I’ve ever had.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cLisV29-P1E"]Incredible Venison Backstrap Recipe: Marinated Venison Seared And Baked (Best Venison Recipe) - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

Sous Vide is the best way to do it.

Comment

Originally posted by donpablo View Post
          Where do you get that sauce/marinade? That sounds awesome.
          HEB of course.

Comment

Slice it lengthwise, down the entire backstrap at about 1/8"; but not all the way through. Kind of unroll it as you slice. Should leave you a thinner whole backstrap. I like to take boudin and spread it all over the inside, then cover the boudin with shredded colby jack cheese (pepperjack cheese would work as well) now take the whole backstrap and start to roll it back up. Once done you can use toothpicks to hold it together. You can also wrap it with bacon to keep it together. Season however you like.

I take mine and back it at 350 for about 35-40 mins. or until internal temp reaches 180*

Take it from the oven, let it rest about 5-10 min, slice thin and it will look like a Pinwheel Steak.

Enjoy

Comment

Yes

Comment

Beat it down,Chicken fry with some bacon grease gravy. If it’s a boar, it will be good dog food

Comment

Originally posted by Rotney View Post
                  I made this the other day with deer backstrap but it would be good with pork also.

Best I’ve ever had.

Incredible Venison Backstrap Recipe: Marinated Venison Seared And Baked (Best Venison Recipe) - YouTube
                  Thanks for posting, I cant wait to try it out

Comment

Originally posted by tx_basser View Post
                    Tenderize, season and pan fry in some olive oil and butter
                    Yep..slice (cross ways)1/2" to 3/4" pound/tenderize...season... grease...

Flour /fav coating if ya like before fry
                    Last edited by cva34; 11-11-2021, 07:05 AM.

Comment

slice about 1.5 inches thick and season with salt and pepper. Grill until just short of done and add pineapple habanero jelly and let it just begin to caramelize.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20210329_192409_1_.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	180.7 KB
ID:	24668970

Comment

Butterflied and chicken fried!!

Comment

I like to cube and make/grille shish kabobs w/ onion, squash, maters, (whatever you like) served on a bed of rice.

Comment

Slow cooker.... has been our experience...

Comment

I dont fry Hog back strap. I slice it, I stick it in a zip lock baggy... I use soy sauce, weber kick n chicken, and minced garlic... close the bag up... get the spices good and distributed, and then let marinate anywhere from an hour to 3 hours, then cook on the grill with internal temp of about 160-165. Wife, kids, friends, all LOVE it! Say its the best they have ever had.... I have never chicken fried anything from a hog.

Comment

Originally posted by brrdnk View Post
                                I sous vide some back strap last week at 155 for 5 hrs. Then used a pineapple coconut mango tequila sauce/marinade on it when I put it on the grill. Then sliced thin and made tacos with some slaw on it. Meat was tender and moist.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                                I tried these tonight and they were great. I think I was too conservative with the sauce/marinade. I'll baste more liberally next time.

Comment

Working...
                                X