• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chicken fry, frickn heavenly. Better than deer

Comment

Originally posted by UrbanBuck View Post
      X2. Hands down the absolute best way to prepare a wild pork loin.

Comment

Venison Jägerschnitzel but also work well with wild hog.

Vegetable oil, I like peanut oil.
        * 4 venison steaks 4-6 oz or sliced backstrap.
        * salt and freshly ground black pepper
        * 1/2 cup all-purpose flour combined with 1 teaspoon salt
        * 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
        * 3/4 cup plain breadcrumbs
        * Brown Mushroom Gravy
        * Chopped fresh parsley, garnish

INSTRUCTIONS

* Pound the venison between two sheets of plastic wrap with the flat side of a meat tenderizer until 1/4 inch thick.* Lightly sprinkle both sides with salt and freshly ground black pepper.

* Place the flour mixture, egg, and breadcrumbs in 3 separate shallow bowls. Dredge the venison in the flour, the egg, and the breadcrumbs, coating both sides and all edges at each stage. Be careful not to press the breadcrumbs into the meat. Gently shake off the excess crumbs.* (Note: Don't let the schnitzel sit in the coating or they will not be as crispy once fried - fry immediately.)**
        * Heat the oil to 330 degrees F (not hotter or the Schnitzel will burn before the meat is done, not lower or the Schnitzel will absorb the oil and be greasy).* Use just enough oil so that the Schnitzels "swim" in it.* Fry the Schnitzel for about 2-3 minutes on both sides until a deep golden brown. Transfer briefly to a plate lined with paper towels.
        * Serve immediately topped with Homemade Brown Mushroom Gravy and garnished with chopped fresh parsley. Avoid completely drenching the Schnitzel with gravy so that much of the Schnitzel remains crispy.**

Comment

I've pretty much gone to cooking them over Pecan and Mesquite coals only. Along with a little Tony's More Spice. And I've been leaving the meat on the bone. And cutting the chops to the thickness of my liking.

I'm sure no matter what method you choose to cook them, they will be enjoyed. If not, bring them to me next time.

Comment

Originally posted by Geezy Rider View Post
            Venison Jägerschnitzel but also work well with wild hog.

Vegetable oil, I like peanut oil.
            * 4 venison steaks 4-6 oz or sliced backstrap.
            * salt and freshly ground black pepper
            * 1/2 cup all-purpose flour combined with 1 teaspoon salt
            * 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
            * 3/4 cup plain breadcrumbs
            * Brown Mushroom Gravy
            * Chopped fresh parsley, garnish
            * Pound the venison between two sheets of plastic wrap with the flat side of a meat tenderizer until 1/4 inch thick.* Lightly sprinkle both sides with salt and freshly ground black pepper.

* Place the flour mixture, egg, and breadcrumbs in 3 separate shallow bowls. Dredge the venison in the flour, the egg, and the breadcrumbs, coating both sides and all edges at each stage. Be careful not to press the breadcrumbs into the meat. Gently shake off the excess crumbs.* (Note: Don't let the schnitzel sit in the coating or they will not be as crispy once fried - fry immediately.)**
            * Heat the oil to 330 degrees F (not hotter or the Schnitzel will burn before the meat is done, not lower or the Schnitzel will absorb the oil and be greasy).* Use just enough oil so that the Schnitzels "swim" in it.* Fry the Schnitzel for about 2-3 minutes on both sides until a deep golden brown. Transfer briefly to a plate lined with paper towels.
            * Serve immediately topped with Homemade Brown Mushroom Gravy and garnished with chopped fresh parsley. Avoid completely drenching the Schnitzel with gravy remains crispy.**
            I bet you lived in Germany at some point.

Comment

I just cut into steaks, tenderized, and chicken fried them this time. Taste like store bought pork to me. Still got one so I'll try something different next time.

Comment

Search on Recipes section and look up Wild Hog carnitas, it’s our favorite way to cook wild hogs.

Comment

Originally posted by UrbanBuck View Post

Agreed^^^

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Kingfisher789 View Post
                    I bet you lived in Germany at some point.
                    Ja, 5 jahre und ich bin Deutsch.

Comment

Originally posted by Kenner97 View Post
                      Best one I ever did was stuff with jalapeño, onions and wrap in bacon and smoke for a few hours.
                      Interested. Temp? Cook time ?

Comment

Tag

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Comment

This is how I like cooking my wild boar loins before slicing and serving on tortillas. I cook them on a Kamado Joe.
                          Coat backstrap with:
                          Olive oil/Regular Mustard mixture
                          Season with Chupacabra

Use 3 apple wood chips
                          Keep KJ @ 200-225 degrees F
                          Place backstrap on the low temp side (high rack over heat deflector) until IT hits 140 degrees F

Open vents all the way
                          Sear on high temp side (rack in medium position) until 153 degrees F (flip only once when doing this)
                          Pull backstrap off when IT hits 153 degrees F and wrap in foil for 15 minutes (carry over will take it to 160 degrees F)

Coat veggies and peppers in olive oil and seasoning. Put in a make shift aluminum foil pan. Start on the high temp side (rack in medium position). Move to low temp side when backstrap is moved to the high temp side.

Use cilantro and fresh lime to top it off when serving.

Comment

Tag

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by critter69 View Post
                              Not sure how common it is, but the manager at the ranch we hunt got supper sick and hospitalized with it. He won’t even help load one anymore. Refuses to touch them, let alone eat one. We make sausage out of all of ours.

trichinosis how common is the disease

Just for any inquiring minds. Here is an excerpt.

It varies with one study showing a 5.7% infection rate and other showing 13%.2, 3 In Texas, however, a study sampling 226 wild boar found 0% infection rate!4 The most comprehensive study, performed by the USDA, sampled from 32 states found an average wild boar trichinella infection rate of 3%.5

Comment

Working...
                              X