No announcement yet.

Flu shot reactions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, I get the Flu every time I took it for ten years so I dont anymore and now I get the flu every 3 years. Almost as if the human immune system > the shot.

Comment

Sore arm for a day. Last year I took the flu, shingles and pneumonia at the same time . I don’t recommend that.

Comment

i am 43 and have never heard of as many people getting the shingles vax as this year...is there something i should know? i dont watch live tv so maybe i missed something.

when i got hired at my current job in 2005, i was 26, in october they asked if i wanted a flu shot and i remember calling my mom and asking her if i got a flu shot haha. i had never had one up till then and never even been asked to get one i guess.

my boss at the time told me the last time he got one he got the flu and he never got one again. so i never did either and luckily have never had the flu.

Comment

Originally posted by Flint knapper View Post
          I taught public school for 26 years and the only time that I ever got the flue was during my second year of teaching two days after I took the flue shot.

So from that day forward, I made up my mind that "I WOULD NEVER TAKE THE FLUE SHOT AGAIN".

For the rest of my career, I never had a problem with the flue, and still haven't had the flue 4 years after retirement. .

This was very similar to my experience as well. No more for me and pray your wife gets better soon Sir. That is a miserable feeling and I feel for her.

Comment

Got mine Monday. Felt a little rough that evening, but was fine by the next morning.

Comment

I received 4 flu shots in the Marine Corps. 4 tines I was sick as a dog on my death bed

Haven't had 1 since 98, had the flu 1 time since then. Took Tamiflu and was back to normal in 4 hours.

Reactions do happen like hers.

Comment

Only side effects I have seen is the person gets the Flu. I dont know many people that get the flu shot though. Hope she gets to feeling better!

Comment

sore arm and I have symptoms for a couple days. Is why I don't get them any more.

Comment

Originally posted by jshouse View Post
                    i am 43 and have never heard of as many people getting the shingles vax as this year...is there something i should know? i dont watch live tv so maybe i missed something.

when i got hired at my current job in 2005, i was 26, in october they asked if i wanted a flu shot and i remember calling my mom and asking her if i got a flu shot haha. i had never had one up till then and never even been asked to get one i guess.

my boss at the time told me the last time he got one he got the flu and he never got one again. so i never did either and luckily have never had the flu.
                    Our family Doc said 100% get the Shingles shot. He said shingles are very painful, rash, itching and such and if they get into your eye area, you are in for some major complications.

Comment

Originally posted by Mudslinger View Post
                      Our family Doc said 100% get the Shingles shot. He said shingles are very painful, rash, itching and such and if they get into your eye area, you are in for some major complications.
                      I get it, I've heard they are horrible...but I've never heard of people getting a vaccine for it until this year. Several members if my family have gotten the vax recently and all these guys here...

Comment

Originally posted by jshouse View Post
                        I get it, I've heard they are horrible...but I've never heard of people getting a vaccine for it until this year. Several members if my family have gotten the vax recently and all these guys here...
                        its a 2-shot series, a couple months apart. Shingles is something you do NOT want. Supposedly, if you had chicken pox at some point, then you're very susceptible to getting the Shingles. I've known a few people that had them and its a long, painful thing to have. I got the Shingles shot(s) last year actually.

Comment

I got the flu shot about a month ago. Felt like crud the next day.

Comment

My friend's wife got Guillain-Barre syndrome from a flu shot. Almost killed her and she couldn't walk for over a year.

Comment

As long as Covid is around....nobody catches the regular flu anyway.

Comment

I got mine at school and no effects. But have a bad sinus infection now. Don’t understand that!

Comment

Working...
                                X