Yard Clippings….

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KDinTX View Post
    Mulch blades on the zero turn, if it bunches up I just run over it a few more times.

This here.^^^

Comment

Put them in the compost pile

Comment

I have a small yard with a lot of mature trees around. I mulch in the summer but when leaves start dropping I have to bag.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Mulch kit/ blades and forget about it.

If you are getting enough clippings after a mulch kit install, you aren't cutting often enough.

Comment

I sweep it with the pull behind tractor supply sweeper then dump it for the cows. It’s funny, I just have to start up the mower and they all come a running.

Comment

Do it myself, use a mulch kit, and I blow any clippings from the driveway and road back into the grass.

Comment

Sometimes we catch the bermuda in the bag and feed it to the cows.
                Sometimes, we let it mulch on the yard.
                A few times a year it gets put into the compost pile along with the cow manure (really great for the next year's garden).
                Never, ever "trash it", that stuff is valuable.

Comment

Mulch then blow clippings back into the yard. Ordinances in most suburbia against clippings in the street. They would eventually wind up in the watersheds via the storm drains. If every house in the neighborhoods did that it would severely impact flood control.
                  My old Honda just won't die but when it does, I'm done. Yard service after that.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Blow it into the street and my neighbors driveways

Comment

Feed it to the cows at the country place. When I start the mower they line up at the fence.

Comment

I am one of the few rare folks who actually enjoying mowing with my non self propelled lawmower. I find its good exercise and gives me time to think and relax.
                        My yard machine mower has a mulch bag. When its full I have a dedicated 4'x4' compost area I toss it in. Though I have noticed that it doesn't appear to be breaking down like I thought it would? The center is not getting warm. I think I am going to have to jump on the youtuber machine and figure out what I need to add to get it started. Thinking I need to toss some table scraps in the center and a cup of red wigglers.

Comment

Leave the clippings for nutrient cycling. Healthier for the lawn if you don't continually remove all of the nutrients associated with the clippings every time you mow. Won't need to fertilize as much. But to avoid excessive buildup, you need to mow often enough that the grass doesn't get too tall. If no ordinances against it, burn the lawn each winter to remove the thatch and get the nutrients back in the soil.

Comment

Mow with a zero turn on 3 acres and grass just lays there, I push mow and bag my backyard area and usually will dump it out in the pasture for the cows to snack on.

Comment

Sometimes it's cut & sweep if i need to replenish the mulch around some fruit trees. If I don't feel like sweepin, Throw the mulchin kit on the rider & done.

Comment

I use a mulching mower then blow any remaining debris back into my yard from the sidewalks and street.

Comment

Working...
                                X