"OFFICIAL" Granger Hog Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GBludau View Post
    Biggest hog I've killed ever and on public land with a bow to boot! [emoji3] I don't know the weight, bigger than me!
    Back story- 3 weeks ago I snuck up on this boar fighting another slightly smaller boar over his sows. I ended up shooting both of them back to back. This big fella survived a shot directly to the shoulder, only 1.5" of penetration. (See shoulder scar of 2" rage broadhead) I got another shot on him while 15' high in a tree @ 32 yards right at dusk. He ran 200 yards and I lost sight of him. Found him right where I lost sight.

I'm after a bigger boar than this. Seen him so many times and he always hits my scent down wind and makes no issue about it and takes off.
    I'll be keeping my setup out ready for weekends I can escape work.

(Before anyone cries, I removed my hunter orange for a better quality photo)

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
    That's awesome! I might be headed out there Friday for the day, good to see someone getting after em.

Comment

Originally posted by Rat View Post
      Good story and a great pig! What broadhead did you end up killing him with?
      An old multi used Muzzy 100gr

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Leaning towards a dues payment, and kayaking into some spots to pester the piggies, next week Thursday-Saturday.

Comment

Originally posted by CARNAGE68 View Post
          How about this one Chief? Is this one count?[ATTACH]943680[/ATTACH][ATTACH]943681[/ATTACH][ATTACH]943682[/ATTACH][ATTACH]943683[/ATTACH]

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk
          Nice one congrats.
          What bow is that and what broadhead were you using?

Comment

Originally posted by wprovence View Post
            Nice one congrats.

That is a Toelke Pika!!!!!!

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by strigif0rm3s View Post
              That is a Toelke Pika!!!!!!

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

That’s what I call my wiener....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Anyone headed out to pay dues Thursday, Friday, Saturday til @1200?

Comment

Originally posted by wprovence View Post
                  Nice one congrats.
                  Toelke, Pika, Simmons Sharks, Tiger Shark 175 gr.Click image for larger version

Name:	453_large_image.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	22.0 KB
ID:	24575490

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

Comment

Just got back Saturday from the maiden voyage of kayak. Much better than the canoe I have. Still a good workout for a borderline senior citizen. Did about 10-12 miles on the river over the two days (Thurs afternoon-Sat morning). Camped at primitive with my hammock and pestered piggy's with my Big River 66# recurved bow. Did see several beds and one that was dug into the ground and about as long as my strung bow (58"). Wind was towards the river most of the time I was there which worked well. Did bust three (80#-60-60) out of a briar patch at the tail end of the field behind camp, just off the river. They cleared the briars at @20 yards and were at 30-40-50-60 in a few seconds. Would have worked much better with a group and have shooters posted on the sides at the upper end of the patch(out of the direct wind), so that when the pigs busted they would have had shoots. Pushing pigs solo is fun, but tough.
                    Didn't see any hunters. Spent more time exploring the river with yak for next time.

Comment

Let me know if any y’all Rangers have a fishing guide y’all recommend out there want to take my daughter out

Comment

Originally posted by Danimal14 View Post
                        Let me know if any y’all Rangers have a fishing guide y’all recommend out there want to take my daughter out

I’d like to know the same thing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Danimal14 View Post

Tommy Tidwell is the man for crappie.
                          https://www.gotcrappie.com/

Comment

Will have to bring a fishing rig next time up there.

Comment

Can we hunt hogs at Granger year round? I am sure this question has been asked already but I figured it would be easier to ask again then search through all the replies.

Comment

Originally posted by RGV Hunter View Post
                                Can we hunt hogs at Granger year round? I am sure this question has been asked already but I figured it would be easier to ask again then search through all the replies.

Hog hunting permit is good for 1 year from purchase......

Comment

Working...
                                X