Clear All

Google "Dodge truck death wobble"

Comment

Tagged...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Never had a problem with mine.

Comment

Had it on my 2016. Dealership called it the death wobble. Control arm, after it was fixed it came back. I drive a Ford now.

Comment

The condition described is not the death wobble that Ram and Ford have/had.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Could try and have tires road force balanced. if you are running larger than stock tires you might have an alignment done at a big truck service center. Its a little more but they can align the bigger/heavier tires better. Would also have them check the camber of the axle if its lifted/leveled, a few negative degrees of camber can center the axle back under the front end for a better alignment, death wobble isnt a "dodge" issue, any solid axle vehicle can develop death wobble from wear, misalignment, uneven air pressure etc.

On my 12 ram 2500, local dealership and shops couldn't get the camber or alignment right on my truck, took it to a truck frame repair, alignment shop and its been right ever since, its leveled with 33" tires. drives smooth from stop to 100, no issues since they got everything lined up right.

Comment

Ram 2500 Vibration/shake at 70mph

The steering stabilizer can help, seems a lot of issues in that area

Comment

Originally posted by Traildust View Post
                  Trade it in on a Ford. Thats what I did and that fixed my problems.

I remember Discount telling me tires are only balanced up to 60 mph.......but that was a few years ago.
                  That's like trading one crazy ex for another

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by KDinTX View Post
                    Could try and have tires road force balanced. if you are running larger than stock tires you might have an alignment done at a big truck service center. Its a little more but they can align the bigger/heavier tires better. Would also have them check the camber of the axle if its lifted/leveled, a few negative degrees of camber can center the axle back under the front end for a better alignment, death wobble isnt a "dodge" issue, any solid axle vehicle can develop death wobble from wear, misalignment, uneven air pressure etc.

On my 12 ram 2500, local dealership and shops couldn't get the camber or alignment right on my truck, took it to a truck frame repair, alignment shop and its been right ever since, its leveled with 33" tires. drives smooth from stop to 100, no issues since they got everything lined up right.

Correction, caster on the axle, don’t know why I was thinking camber, that’s more on the alignment side of it all. Either way, if you have worn parts, look into Thuren or carli for replacements, much better than oem.

Comment

Working...
                    X