Singing to the Firing Squad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Singing to the Firing Squad

Two men convicted of drug trafficking had been on death row for a decade. While in prison, they learned of God’s love for them in Jesus, and their lives were transformed. When it came time for them to face the firing squad, they faced their executioners reciting the Lord’s Prayer and singing “Amazing Grace.” Because of their faith in God, through the power of the Spirit they were able to face death with incredible courage.
    They followed the example of faith set by their Savior, Jesus. When Jesus knew that His death was imminent, He spent part of the evening singing with friends. It’s remarkable that He could sing under such circumstances, but what’s even more remarkable is what He sang. On that night, Jesus and His friends had a Passover meal, which always ends with a series of Psalms known as the Hallel, Psalms 113-118. Facing death, that night Jesus sang about the “cords of death” entangling Him (Psalm 116:3). Yet He praised God’s faithful love (117:2) and thanked Him for salvation (118:14). Surely these Psalms comforted Jesus on the night before His crucifixion.
    Jesus’s trust in God was so great that even as He approached His own death—a death He had done nothing to deserve!—He chose to sing of God’s love. Because of Jesus, we too can have confidence that whatever we face, God is with us.
    By Amy Peterson
    REFLECT & PRAY
    How sweet is the sound of God’s amazing grace!
    God, strengthen our faith in You so that when we face trials, or even approach death, we can sing with confidence about Your love.
    Our Daily Bread

Thanks Bill......

Comment

Amen! Great one for me.

Comment

Amen!

Comment

Amen thanks bro bill!

Comment

Amen

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Ttt

Comment

Thank you Bro Bill!

This post made me think of the sermon/speech Pastor Robert Morris gave on his return from nearly dying. It is really good and worth the 30 mins to watch. It is also very reassuring to anyone who has ever lost a loved one.

Fast forward to 4:25, at 22:05 he talks about what God revealed to him and at 28:45 he describes his experience. I really hope everyone gets a chance to watch it.

Pastor Robert Morris | God's GoodnessWatch us live this weekend athttp://gatewaypeople.com/watch/live http://gatewaypeople.com/ministries/life/events/individ...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XcFGgTLY410"]Pastor Robert Morris – God's Goodness - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                  X