Official Outdoor Griddle Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hunt247 View Post
    I joined the griddle club. I got a Blue Rhino. Looking for info on the best spatula and scraper. I have seen the black Stone kit on amazon but wanted to know if they were good quality. Would like some good heavy duty ones. Anybody have good reviews on some?
    I have the Blackstone spatula set and I don't really like them... They're pretty flimsy. I'd try to find stiffer ones if I were you.

Comment

Originally posted by Shakedown View Post
      Bought a new 36” for opening weekend. Burners seem to be putting off a smaller flame than I’d expect and griddle took forever to warm up and never got really hot like I’d expect. Brand new LP canister. Anyone have this happen? Is there something I’m missing or did I screw up on the assembly somehow????
      First thing I did before I ever used my 36" Blackstone was to put a 20 psi adjustable regulator on it. You can turn that griddle cherry red if you want with that adjustable regulator... Just do a search on Amazon for 20 psi adjustable LP Gas regulator... Or you can look back in this thread. That's where I learned about them.

Comment

Originally posted by thegrouse View Post
        Sounds like it is the new safety regulators. They have to be hooked up a certain way and the valves opened a certain way or they restrict the pressure. I think the reset procedure goes something like turn off the propane bottle. Wait a minute or so. Turn off the burners. Wait 5 minutes. Rehook up bottled and turn on. Turn on burner and light. Should fix it. I have the problem occasionally when I change propane tanks. Google the issue it is fairly common.
        Thanks for the help, I’ll give that a shot.

Comment

Originally posted by dfkoon View Post
          You Blue Rhino guys, I read a few reviews that indicated the grease trap/pocket got really nasty as the grease or at least some of the grease did not make it into the cup. Have ya'll found this to be the case?
          It all goes in the trap. There is some build up in the hole that funnels the grease but it is easy to clean.

Comment

Cleveland Walmart has some good products for us griddle heads.

This ^^^ is a breakfast kit.

Blackstone spatula kit

These ^^^^ I bought. They are more heavy duty than the blackstone ones.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I keep coming back to this thread. The wife and I have been looking at getting the 36" and just replacing the grill.

Comment

Bazo, if you'll stay out the woods long enough to go get one, you won't be disappointed!!

Comment

Originally posted by Bazo View Post
                  I keep coming back to this thread. The wife and I have been looking at getting the 36" and just replacing the grill.
                  You can’t go wrong! I have the 28” for home and the 22” for the trailer, perfect for the 2 of us.

Comment

That's what I did a few years back when my propane grill bit the dust. I have a charcoal grill if I need it, but 99% of everything I do can be done on the griddle.

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                      Bazo, if you'll stay out the woods long enough to go get one, you won't be disappointed!!

Funny you say that. I went yesterday evening to fill the feeders at that stand to give it a couple weeks to rest and ended up on another 45 minute I hope I find him walk.

Comment

Funny you say that. I went yesterday evening to fill the feeders at that stand to give it a couple weeks to rest and ended up on another 45 minute I hope I find him walk.
                        Yea, been there, done that too! It ain't no fun!

Comment

Originally posted by No-Tox View Post
                          That's what I did a few years back when my propane grill bit the dust. I have a charcoal grill if I need it, but 99% of everything I do can be done on the griddle.
                          Do you get the flavor from the griddle that you do a grill?

Comment

Originally posted by BowCrazy View Post
                            Do you get the flavor from the griddle that you do a grill?
                            Actually better on burgers and such once you get your griddle seasoned in. Why do you think Whataburger patties are so tasty?
                            If I want a big thick steak, I'll put it on the charcoal grill with mesquite to get flavor. You can still do thick steak or chicken on the griddle and finish up in the oven.
                            Biggest thing is I can cook several things at one time and items you could not do on the grill. Things like fish, breakfast, rice, vegetables, etc are much easier or able to do on the griddle.

Comment

Yep

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

I agree one of the best things about a griddle is you can cook a whole meal at once and it all comes off hot at the same time, especially breakfast... eggs, bacon, hash browns, and toast all at the same time, even some scrambled and some fried, etc. Combinations are endless...

Comment

Working...
                                X