No announcement yet.

Shooting Fish In A Barrel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Happens more than you think. I've seen with my own eyes 2 so called TV personalities kill a deer that were in a pen the night before and then were darted and put into a bigger pasture. Both hunts made TV. Dam deer didn't have a clue where they were... absolutely ridiculous...

Comment

Has anyone ever shot a doe from this place? That would be give away number 1 they bring them in to kill.

Comment

I used to work with a guy who was in tight with the 700 Springs ranch folks, the stories he would tell me about dudes who would just write them a check for thousands and thousands of dollars and say "I want X deer at X inches" and they would go pick them out of the pen, dart them, bring them to the "pasture" in time for them to wake up and stumble around for the buyer to pretend to hunt them.

I asked him straight up "What is the accomplishment with this?" and his answer was "Bragging rights"...

It's like buying a Super Bowl ring on Ebay and acting like you actually even played in the game...

Comment

But some folks work hard and have very little free time so this is a viable option....dont be jealous

Comment

Originally posted by flywise View Post
            But some folks work hard and have very little free time so this is a viable option....dont be jealous
            I'm honestly surprised it took this long to get this comment.

I'm definitely not jealous of pretending to hunt in the least and I don't believe that excuse at all, we all work hard and we can all make time to do something if it is important to us.

I was thinking about this very thing earlier inspired by the OP's article and it made me realize something that's probably going to be a really unpopular- if you either can't or aren't willing to put in the effort to actually hunt then maybe you haven't really earned the honor of claiming a trophy.

Hunting is the only recreational endeavor you can straight up buy success, even if it is illusory.

Comment

Wow.. I work for and sell hunts for a hf ranch and never have considered this to be an option on our place. In fact.. anybody that has serious interest in booking a hunt with us is always free to come ride the place with me.

Comment

Originally posted by Mexico View Post
                Happens more than you think. I've seen with my own eyes 2 so called TV personalities kill a deer that were in a pen the night before and then were darted and put into a bigger pasture. Both hunts made TV. Dam deer didn't have a clue where they were... absolutely ridiculous...

I know of a woman and man tv personality that’s done elk, whitetail, and Audad on a ranch a close friend used to work for. Then to see the end product come on tv made me sick to my stomach. This was on top of once having spook span offer me $75,000 to a deer i jokingly claimed to have on my property on instagram one time. His rep said he’d take me on a New Zealand stag hunt of a lifetime i said no thanks then offered me $75k it was quite shocking what some will do for a deer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Hey y'all, wanna be a Super Bowl winner but work too hard to have the time to work out every day, change your genetic makeup, and learn to play football?

Attached Files

Comment

Just sad

Comment

I know a kid i went to college with. His dad runs a high fence operation like this. They dont have any does, strictly bucks that are brought in a hunted. They have a specific number of bucks they like on the property at all times.

Comment

Originally posted by 6.5CM View Post
                        I want to leave a comment on his video but ehh maybe he doesn’t know what’s going on... maybe he needs too...
                        Comment this

Comment

Originally posted by Jspradley View Post
                          Hey y'all, wanna be a Super Bowl winner but work too hard to have the time to work out every day, change your genetic makeup, and learn to play football?

Size 11?

Was this the field goal kickers ring?

Comment

I’ll see if they comment on this.

Comment

Originally posted by drop dead fred View Post
                              I know of a woman and man tv personality that’s done elk, whitetail, and Audad on a ranch a close friend used to work for. Then to see the end product come on tv made me sick to my stomach. This was on top of once having spook span offer me $75,000 to a deer i jokingly claimed to have on my property on instagram one time. His rep said he’d take me on a New Zealand stag hunt of a lifetime i said no thanks then offered me $75k it was quite shocking what some will do for a deer

just curious why wouldn't you name them?

Comment

Originally posted by JFISHER View Post
                                Size 11?

Was this the field goal kickers ring?
                                I wear a SZ 10... I guess I can't play in the NFL

Comment

Working...
                                X