No announcement yet.

Divorce Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whatever you can do to keep it civil - DO IT! Let her rant and rave and you just stay busy and nod your head and smile. Get through what you need to get through WITHOUT INSULTS right now. It is very easy to get into a back and forth, and go down a very negative path. That will just hurt you in the long run. If you see it starting to go down that path, WALK AWAY. Take a break and come back at a later time.

This isn't a time to get all emotional and overreact. Hit the gym / range or whatever you do to keep your mind and body busy.

Keep communication going, but do everything possible to stay positive. Your outcome will be MUCH more positive as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Elite13 View Post
      Im hoping she doesent do the credit cards. She doesent have access to my bank accounts thankfully
      close the CC accounts or remove her as an authorized user from any of your CC accounts.

Comment

The only good advice is this....fix it. What God has put together let no man take apart. If you loved each other a year ago...enough to say I do.. then do what a man does and keep your commitment, just because she says she wants out doesn't mean you allow it. Take control of the spiritual issues going on and fix them.
        We have become a society of selfishness, stop listening to bad advice from ungodly people. Please.

Comment

Public forum...Never discuss your divorce on any public forum!

Comment

Originally posted by RattlesnakeDan View Post
            The only good advice is this....fix it. What God has put together let no man take apart. If you loved each other a year ago...enough to say I do.. then do what a man does and keep your commitment, just because she says she wants out doesn't mean you allow it. Take control of the spiritual issues going on and fix them.
            We have become a society of selfishness, stop listening to bad advice from ungodly people. Please.

Lol

OP, less than a year and no children..... cut your losses and get on with your life

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Tracker View Post
              Public forum...Never discuss your divorce on any public forum!

Times have changed. It amazes me sometimes what people post on a public forum for the world to see.

Comment

Sounds like she already has a plan and is following thru with it. Not much you can do other than going with the flow. Good luck.

Comment

Prayers to you

Comment

Prayers up for you brother

Comment

Originally posted by glen View Post
                      Shouldn't be hard with only 1 year together. If he tow of you can agree on how o split any debt and assets it will be painless.
                      Yep

Comment

Hire the best lawyer you can afford

Comment

Lawyer up! Sell the boat, guns, anything you really want to get back later to a fried who will let you use it when you want to for a good deal. I'd try to close out any credit cards she has access to as they will get maxed out and you will be stuck with paying them.

And update your avatar...

Comment

Good luck Elite. Get a practiced divorce attorney not some random general practice. Not all lawyers are created equal.

Change your avatar.

Comment

Originally posted by denimdeerslayer View Post
                              Lawyer up! Sell the boat, guns, anything you really want to get back later to a fried who will let you use it when you want to for a good deal. I'd try to close out any credit cards she has access to as they will get maxed out and you will be stuck with paying them.

And update your avatar...
                              Good advice here and as stated get a lawyer.

Comment

Sorry you are going through this. It is never fun but at least there aren't kids or many years worth of assets to argue over. Good luck.

Originally posted by jds247 View Post
                                I'd do what everyone is saying on cards and accounts. Lawyer up asap . Someone is in her ear already women don't leave without someone to fall back on emotionally. I'd be prepared just incase. It's a divorce no reason to trust that she won't try to screw you over. I don't care how nice shes being..
                                I'll second this. She can be nice now but once someone gets in her ear and starts telling her what she "deserves" it all changes.

Originally posted by Mayhem View Post
                                Get the divorce, refi the house in your name and make her refi the jeep in her name only.

Cut your losses.
                                I agree with this as well. Either refinance everything that is joint in whoever keeps it name or sell it and split the money. I wouldn't settle for less than this but keep in mind she doesn't have to agree to selling or refinance. Mine didn't (or couldn't) and I had many sleepless nights wondering if the stuff I used to own, cars, mortgage, etc was getting paid and I had no control over it. This shouldn't apply to your vehicle if you bought it before y'all were married as that isn't common property.
                                Originally posted by jer_james View Post
                                Whatever you can do to keep it civil - DO IT! Let her rant and rave and you just stay busy and nod your head and smile. Get through what you need to get through WITHOUT INSULTS right now. It is very easy to get into a back and forth, and go down a very negative path. That will just hurt you in the long run. If you see it starting to go down that path, WALK AWAY. Take a break and come back at a later time.

This isn't a time to get all emotional and overreact. Hit the gym / range or whatever you do to keep your mind and body busy.

Keep communication going, but do everything possible to stay positive. Your outcome will be MUCH more positive as well.
                                Keep it civil until the papers are signed, you will get a better deal. This includes what you say about her to other people because you never know who is listening and/or who will go running back to her with what you said. This will make a huge difference in all that has been talked about regarding credit cards, refinancing, etc. You can kill more flies with honey...

From the time the papers are filed it is no longer a marriage but a business transaction you are trying to do the best you can on. Always remember and treat the divorce that way! It is hard to look at it that way but once you do you will come out better (financially and eventually emotionally) on the other side.

Comment

Working...
                                X