Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Been there ,trust me GET A LAWYER, the sooner the better,

Comment

Sorry to hear. Keep a cool head. Life has a few potholes to deal with. Make a list of things you want for yourself. I will start it for you.

1. Change your avatar.

Comment

Hope it works out brotha.

Comment

Hate to hear this

Comment

Best advice I had was if there’s no children involved and you feel you have done everything you can you need to look at it as a business decision and do what’s best to protect the business

Comment

I'd do what everyone is saying on cards and accounts. Lawyer up asap . Someone is in her ear already women don't leave without someone to fall back on emotionally. I'd be prepared just incase. It's a divorce no reason to trust that she won't try to screw you over. I don't care how nice shes being..

Comment

Keep in mind that creditors do not care who the judge assigns a debt to. Trust me I know from experience.

Comment

Originally posted by Monark View Post
                  If no kids together, and only one year together, cut your losses and get out of there.
                  This!

Comment

Originally posted by Elite13 View Post
                    Does anyone have lawyer reccomendations
                    The two I know of (your location says Crosby) would be Ron Marsh or Bruce Baughman. Both are in Baytown.

Good luck. She can say all she wants is her car, but mine sure turned greedy quick.

Comment

Get the divorce, refi the house in your name and make her refi the jeep in her name only.

Cut your losses.

Comment

Originally posted by JHT View Post

1. Change your avatar.
                        ^^^ THIS

Comment

Originally posted by Elite13 View Post
                          Im hoping she doesent do the credit cards. She doesent have access to my bank accounts thankfully
                          Document debt levels as of the day she moved out. If she goes on a spending spree afterwards you can argue that's not your debt. I say argue cause there's no guarantee.

Normally I'd say do what ever you can to work on it and resolve your issues but at 1 in year in with no kids it seems high risk to think she's in it for the long haul. Might be time to cut bait.

Most will say get a lawyer and the best. I agree to an extent. Try to come to an agreement regarding assets. Most are spelled out per the law and are actually pretty straightforward. If you can do this, hire one lawyer to process the divorce or do it yourself. At 1 year there will be no division of retirement and anything you owned prior to should be yours.

It's tough and a lot of suck. Stay away from the booze and lean on the Lord and good friends. When my 25 year marriage ended because my ex wife's boyfriend thought it was odd that we were still living together the Lord and good friends saw me through the worst of times.

Prayers for you, hard to see now but there are better days ahead.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by doghouse View Post
                            Talk to a Lawyer and not TBH. This is a public forum!
                            This...

If things go south they will grab whatever they can, including what you've said over the net.

Comment

Been there. Best thing I ever did was I got a lawyer. Prayers for you both.

Comment

Help her get her maden name back.

Get your name off the deal..................

Comment

Working...
                                X