Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who remembers the Monterrey House Candy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Snowflake Killa View Post
    Okay North siders how about the Log Cabin restaurant

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Log Cabin was greatness! My family still reminisce about that place.

Comment

Grew up off shepard/pinemont (behind Saint Pius High School).....never heard of the Monterrey House. My parents took us to one called Marco's weekly.

Comment

Thanks, got me craving that green sauce at 8:30 in the morning! Ha, I think the only one left I know of is the one in Greenspoint. Got to really want Monterey House to venture out there

Comment

The other side of the tracks here....Federal Road Monterrey House was visited quite often! Queso, candy and all. Not sure I would think it was as good today, though! LOL

Comment

I remember ordering nachos there. Each nacho was individually loaded up. Now days chips are dumped on a plate, and everything covered over it.

Dang I’m hungry now.

Comment

Monterrey House was a staple for our family for many years. Loved those pralines.
              Panchos was another go to for mexican food. Our favorite place though was Felix on Montrose inside Shepherd. This was back when it was a nice middle class area & the gaybirds hadn't taken over.

Comment

I ate at the one off 290 between Antoine and Mangum all the time. The combo platter that had about one of everything was good stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
                  I worked in Aldine with AT&T for 18 years before transferring to Cleveland. I know that area well. Went to school with Kendall Whitworth. Your grandparents house was a much different neighborhood when it was built! We called Haverstock the baby factory.
                  I can say I don’t miss working in that place.
                  Yep. Kendall is my cousin. We are the same age. His dad is my mom's older brother.

I ended up at Haverstock constantly on patrol and in robbery & homicide.

Comment

I lived on the south side. The Monterry House on Fuqua was a treat for the family. My mom never would let us kids get the candy, but my day would from time to time. Good stuff.

Comment

Yall bunch of North side trash [emoji16]. I remember it but we were poor so maybe 2 times a year for us

Sucks for you! My dad wasnt poor so I ate the heck out of that candy! [emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787]

Seriously though, that leche camada (sp) was the best. There was a place in clear lake that made it for years after MH was closed. I cant remember the name. We used to order it, and drive from Pasadena to go get it. It was cheap btw.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Comment

No I probably be in prison [emoji38]

Hahaaaa!!!!

Prison story time....."yall aint gonna believe this S...."

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by RINCON View Post
                          Yep...went to the same Monterey House. Lived off of Gulf Bank, right down Airline from you.

You go to Sam Houston?

Good stuff
                          Yep, I did. '72

Comment

There was a MH in Baytown, but my family never ate there. Wyatt’s cafeteria was next door and we ate there once a week. For Mexican food my parents preferred El Toro.

Comment

Originally posted by Grndchecker View Post
                              There was a MH in Baytown, but my family never ate there. Wyatt’s cafeteria was next door and we ate there once a week. For Mexican food my parents preferred El Toro.

Wyatt’s brings back memories too. Heck of a lot better than Luby’s nowdays.

Comment

Originally posted by Grndchecker View Post
                                yep, the one in baytown was our regular stop. i loved MH and that candy was off the hook good. i would make myself sick eating that stuff.

Comment

Working...
                                X