No announcement yet.

Questions about Fredericksburg Area

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In April at LBJ park, they always have a huge Volkswagon car show....100s of cool cars, and some of the old busses are insane.....

Comment

Originally posted by Pineywoods View Post
      I don't know if she would find the museum as interesting as I would. I'm sure she would go in there but probably wouldn't want to spend as much time there as I would.

Thanks. We are always down for good burger joint.

If weather cooperates, we want to do this.
      Just got back from Johnson City this weekend. On Enchanted Rock, you better reserve a spot if there any available at all. Reservations are required right now. From their website:

Reservations Required
      Advanced reservations for day passes and overnight stays are required on weekends, school breaks and holidays. While not required on regular weekdays, we usually reach capacity every day. To guarantee entrance reserve passes online, or by calling the customer service center, before you visit.

Comment

Originally posted by 3whunt View Post
        Just got back from Johnson City this weekend. On Enchanted Rock, you better reserve a spot if there any available at all. Reservations are required right now. From their website:

Reservations Required
        Advanced reservations for day passes and overnight stays are required on weekends, school breaks and holidays. While not required on regular weekdays, we usually reach capacity every day. To guarantee entrance reserve passes online, or by calling the customer service center, before you visit.
        Thanks for the heads up. Doing anything nowadays is harder due to the dang Rona restrictions.

Comment

Fredericksburg

Originally posted by FCoDxDart View Post
          Fredericksburg Pie Company. Some of the best, thats for sure.

Another fun place is the Rustlin' Rob's store. They have 100's of samples that are fun to try. Though with covid they may have stopped that, who knows.
          Rustlin' Rob's is a great place to go and fill up on a lot of good samples. They were open when I was there a few weeks ago. My wife and I got a couples massage at Above and Beyond day spa. Very relaxing and moderately priced.

Comment

Alamo Springs is a must, any of their burgers are great!! First time I went there it was raining cats and dogs. The low water areas were flooded and we could not leave right away. Went back and stayed long enough to have dinner as well. Great place.

Comment

Rustlin Rob's as mentioned . The Christmas store. The owner of the Christmas store use to own an B&B no tv. Little cabin. Fireplace. Drink great beer while walking down the street. Enchanted Rock is great to hike up to the top. Llano has Cooper's BBQ. Llano has a couple antique stores on either side of the bridge. Nimitz as mentioned. If your wife loves candles take her to Circle E candles and prepare to bring your wallet

Comment

Originally posted by Big Lee View Post
                Rustlin Rob's as mentioned . The Christmas store. The owner of the Christmas store use to own an B&B no tv. Little cabin. Fireplace. Drink great beer while walking down the street. Enchanted Rock is great to hike up to the top. Llano has Cooper's BBQ. Llano has a couple antique stores on either side of the bridge. Nimitz as mentioned. If your wife loves candles take her to Circle E candles and prepare to bring your wallet
                Appreciate it!

Comment

Obviously COVID may have changed the crowds, but plan to eat early wherever you plan to eat. We will make a reservation for ~5:30. Walk in with no crowd, walk out to see sometime 30 people waiting to dine.

When the wife and I go we typically like to get a B&B a block or so off the main drag, park the car and walk. We partake in a few beverages in the evening while enjoying live music. Don't have to worry about where we parked or having to drive.

I agree with the Alamo Springs burger. Understand that it is off the beaten path double digit miles outside of town. The drive is really nice, IMO. Not trying to discourage you, just make sure you give yourself time to go enjoy.

Comment

Outside of other suggestions:

Drive over to Kerrville, if they’re still open to the public you can check out the James Avery Museum.

For food in FBurg, Hilltop Cafe, German Bakery and Restaurant, and I’ve heard Catfish Haven.

Can also check out Wildflower Farm.

Comment

Originally posted by JMart76 View Post
                      Outside of other suggestions:

Drive over to Kerrville, if they’re still open to the public you can check out the James Avery Museum.

For food in FBurg, Hilltop Cafe, German Bakery and Restaurant, and I’ve heard Catfish Haven.

Can also check out Wildflower Farm.
                      My wife would love that. She has spent a small fortune buying their jewelry over the years.

Comment

Auslander for German food. Pritzers Bakery.
                        KNS Precision. Best little gun shop in Texas. On Marshall Creek rd.
                        If you go to Kerrville. Mamacitas and The Lakehouse are great places to eat.
                        Safe travels.

Comment

Originally posted by Pineywoods View Post
                          My wife wants to go stay in Fredericksburg this weekend for our anniversary. Being from East Tx, I know nothing about that general area. I understand that some folks go there because of the wineries which doesn't interest the wife and I. What else is there to do within 30 mins or so from there? Anything around there that is a must do or a must see? Any restaurants that are hidden gems?

Thanks
                          Hill Top Cafe for brunch, I recommend it. The dude that owns the place played the blues with another girl...they were awesome.

Have you secured lodging already? Hope so...the cabins and lodging around there book up quickly.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Tony Pic View Post
                            Auslander for German food. Pritzers Bakery.
                            KNS Precision. Best little gun shop in Texas. On Marshall Creek rd.
                            If you go to Kerrville. Mamacitas and The Lakehouse are great places to eat.
                            Safe travels.
                            I'll definitely try to check out the gun shop. My wife likes guns as much as I do so she'll be up for that.

Originally posted by hoythunter02 View Post
                            Hill Top Cafe for brunch, I recommend it. The dude that owns the place played the blues with another girl...they were awesome.

Have you secured lodging already? Hope so...the cabins and lodging around there book up quickly.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
                            We have it narrowed down to two places that were available a few hours ago. I'm fixing to book one here in a minute.

Comment

The pie shop in F burg sells out VERY early!

Comment

Alamo springs cafe for a burger
                                Tour Garrison brothers distillery
                                Tour Altstadt brewery, I hear their food is really good too, but never tried it myself
                                Take a ride out to Albert Icehouse
                                Tour LBJ Ranch
                                If you go to llano, go to miller’s meat market and grab some jalapeño, bacon, cheese burger patties to take home and cook. You’ll thank me later

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X