• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cmc

Comment

Expensive: Geissele SSA-E
      Budget: Larue MBT 2 stage
      I have both and prefer Larue for best bang for buck.

Comment

I only run Geissele triggers in my AR's. Really a great trigger.

Comment

Originally posted by cwill View Post
          I asked for opinions so fire away! Lol From what I understand the Daniel Defense MK 12s come stock with a Geissele SSA trigger. Don't get me wrong it's WAY nicer than alot of other AR triggers I've messed with. I'm just looking for more of that bolt gun trigger feel. Hope that makes sense.
          Closest to a bolt gun is my trigger tech diamond 2 stage. I run single stage set at 1 lb in all my bolt actions for what it’s worth.

Comment

Closest to bolt gun trigger to me would be the Timney... Same for instance as a drop in replacement for a Remy 700 or AR15... just different mounts. Action inside them is identical. That's why I went with Timney, from experience with bolt guns... they give me the same "feel" in my AR's...

Comment

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
              You can run a really light 2 stage. Ease through the first stage and break the second when needed. If you run a real light single stage you will doubke tap really easy. I used to hate them too. I love them now.
              This is spot on. I have both Timney and CMC set around 2.5 and have had people double tap while shooting them. I've never been a 2 stage fan but recently installed two Trigger Tech Diamonds on some DD5v4's (ar10) and you really don't notice the first light pull if set up correctly. I definitely would recommend considering this for a semi-auto.

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                Closest to bolt gun trigger to me would be the Timney... Same for instance as a drop in replacement for a Remy 700 or AR15... just different mounts. Action inside them is identical. That's why I went with Timney, from experience with bolt guns... they give me the same "feel" in my AR's...
                Agreed. I just can’t get them as light as I want lol. The timney IS nice

Comment

Matt, you should feel the triggers on my PCP guns... 8-9 oz. MAX! Talk about nice! But you don't walk around with them cocked either and they don't have safties at all...

Comment

Thanks for sharing all the knowledge guys!

Comment

Originally posted by Daddy D View Post
                      I like the Larue 2-stage triggers myself. Never tried a CMC.

That’s a great trigger. It’s interesting to me how LaRue is not in the National conversation about top tier ARs anymore. I’m guessing they made their point and are filling contracts and not participating in the rat race.

Best AR gear/parts money can buy. Their build kits are still the best deal going.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                        CMC is all I have.

I HATE 2 stage triggers, absolutely pointless.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                        Same here. Well I mean I don't care for 2 stage triggers. I have a BTE single stage.

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                          Matt, you should feel the triggers on my PCP guns... 8-9 oz. MAX! Talk about nice! But you don't walk around with them cocked either and they don't have safties at all...
                          I’d rip half a mag off on accident in an AR like that haha. I bet those are sweet!

OP I forgot I do have a hyperfire 24C single stage and it’s way nice for a single stage. Comes with several different springs and an adjustable trigger shoe. Check them out.

Comment

CMC has a bunch of triggers, one of them I got to try years ago, was a very nice. But I have not found someone who has displays set up with all of the many variations of CMC triggers, so I have no idea which one it is.

I bought two Geisselematch triggers for two of my rifles. They are adjustable. You can adjust the creep of the first stage, then the lbs. of pull for both the first stage and second stage, then the over travel. I have mine adjusted to the point, it's hard to tell they are two stage triggers.

I have another gun, I bought a Hyperfire trigger for my 458 SOCOM. I got it on sale, wanted a cheap trigger for my 458, since I built it out of spare parts and a cheap barrel. I have been pretty happy with the Hyperfire trigger, not sure which version I got, I think it's the Reflex.

Comment

Working...
                            X