No announcement yet.

Brown Bear back from Taxi...need advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I personally would find a different place in the house. That is an heck of a collection you got! You have very good taste!

Comment

Leave the office as is and set the bear just outside the office door.

You have a great looking office and congrats on your trophies.

Comment

Originally posted by MAP View Post
        Great looking room, personally I think I would have just taken the wall down like you did, but stopped there and not built the "closet" to put the bear in. The trim on top and the wall between the bear and printer need to go.
        My thoughts as well. I dont want to be rude but you asked for opinions......I think he looks crammed in on the sides as well. Removing the top board and or shortening the base isnt going to make him look right in that space, imo. Great looking bear!

Comment

Great looking room, personally I think I would have just taken the wall down like you did, but stopped there and not built the "closet" to put the bear in. The trim on top and the wall between the bear and printer need to go.
          Agree with this. Great looking bear! And love the office!

Comment

I like this. ^^^

Find a taxidermist in your area that does good base/habitat work. He will be able to re-do that base. Just have him build a free-form (no wood pedestal) base. Looks like you could get it a foot lower that way. Once he tears into that base, he's probably gonna have some metal cutting and welding to do as well. He can probably re-use the rocks and plants that are on it now. It's a chore, but can be done.

Comment

I'd build my wife a new house with a bigger office. I'm a builder though, so there's that.

Comment

That beast needs to go in the living room.

Comment

Originally posted by armadillophil View Post
                  That beast needs to go in the living room.
                  Hillary?

Comment

Awesome office. Now, my advice. Get him out of the closet. It would look much better out than crammed in a closet. Did I mention that I'm jealous.

Comment

I would remove the base.

Congrats on a huge bear.

Comment

Build a new house.

Comment

Awesome bear, by the way.

Comment

Jigsaw the top front wood off and re trim it.

Comment

I would put the bear in the corner, you would be able to see more of him....BTW great bear and mount. Congrats!!!

Comment

nice office but it looks crowded anyway. Personally, I wouldn't put a mount that large in a semi-closet but if you have no other choice, at least remove the base. It should give you several inches clearance.

Comment

Working...
                                X