Wind is brutal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wind is brutal

Sitting this morning & the wind is brutal. Sitting in a clump of yopons with the air rifle. The dang wind is like knife cutting through here. Had one he waded my way about 70yrds out then started blowing like crazy & took off. Then a dang hog runs right where it was. Couldn’t get the bino’s up to see horns or not. Hopefully didn’t blow everything out. It’s still early.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It was so window yesterday morning in the panhandle we had to stake our A frame blind down with t-posts while crane hunting. They reported gusts up to 48mph in our area. It was insane.

Comment

You're tougher than me

Comment

Looks windy outside. Coffee is hot and heater running

Comment

This evening will be really good!

Comment

About 30 minutes ago I hit the bleat can & grunt right behind. Waited about 20 minutes hit’em again. About 5 minutes ago this little 7 point comes running in. I wasn’t real sure he was gonna stop, finally about 6yrds he stops looks around, noise on the ground & takes off again. Kinda cool to be eye level with him. I’m sitting in a chair amongst a clump of yopons.

Comment

Originally posted by eradicator View Post
              They reported gusts up to 48mph in our area. It was insane.
              Yesterday morning, the wind ripped a storm window off our cabin in Collingsworth County.
              I thought the old roof was next.
              It was insane!

Comment

The 7 point came back. He was behind me a little bit when I notice movement a little more to the right, directly behind me. No nice shooter 9 point. But I couldn’t get turned around with the rifle. Holding out that he’ll make his way around to the front of me.

Comment

I feel really bad for you....NOT!!

knock one down, Brian!

Comment

I give up. I’m gonna go drink some coffee & look for the bobcat & come back this afternoon.

Comment

Working...
                    X