Snake Diet....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You crazy dieters kill me.

I'm 56 years old and 6'-2", 224 lbs with a SIX PACK.

Actually, it's a 5 pack. I'm drinking one right now.

Comment

My wife and I pretty much do OMAD. I drink coffee all morning then switch to tea/water. She's lost 52# in 7 months, back below pre baby weight. I did keto for 5 weeks last year and shed 44# then kept it off. Intermittent fasting is cool but pushing as far as you can go beyond a daily meal seems a bit extreme.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackHogDown View Post
        All "successful" diets have one thing in common. "CICO" Calories In < Calories Out. Atkins, Keto, Intermittent Fasting, etc

I am dragging at the gym if i havent had some carbs couple hours prior. Can't imagine trying to exercise without food for 2 whole days.

I was intermittent fasting for a whle and worked for me but i quit because i had trouble getting to my daily protein goal in those 8 hours. Didn't like feeling sick/full all day after cramming 1000 cal/meal (x2)... tough to do when eating chicken breasts, veggies, and my carbs (sweet potatoes, rice, pasta).

Just track your cals, eat "intuitively," and exercise! If you're not losing weight, you're eating too much for your amount of movement. That simple! And yes, you can overconsume "healthy foods." 1000cal of boiled chicken/broc = 1000 cal ice cream (for our intents and purposes.)

You would could get a good (unaffected) workout without eating if you were on a low carb diet. In fact, it would be more beneficial. Your body uses fat for energy and doesn’t rely on insulation spikes (up and down) related to carb consumption. I’ve tried it both ways and low carb works well for me.. I used to get hangry all the time and now I can fast if needed or wanting to for health benefits.

On a side note, I love hearing these guys who don’t really care about their health saying stuff like “I workout with 12 oz curls” or “if you ever catch me running it’s probably from the cops”... more and more people actually care about their health these days and I think it’s great. Keep it up and keep us posted on results.

Comment

Haven't been on a computer all weekend. Here's where I'm at. Started on Wed 8/21 and I'm down 7lbs in 5 days. (229 to 222)

The last few hours of the first 48hr fast was tough. Started feeling slow and crummy. Ate 1lb of steak and felt a little better but got REALLY Sleepy. About an hour later I felt pretty good so I ate another 1lb of steak and some stir fried veggies. Felt good and decided the 24hr fast would work better for me. So that's what I've been doing. Just eating 1 high protein meal a day.

That first 48 kicked me into Ketosis pretty quick, but now I'll just maintain that with doing 24's. I feel great just eating once a day. No loss of energy at the gym.

Quitting Coffee/Caffeine and Beer are probably good things too.

Comment

Originally posted by DirtyDave View Post
            Haven't been on a computer all weekend. Here's where I'm at. Started on Wed 8/21 and I'm down 7lbs in 5 days. (229 to 222)

The last few hours of the first 48hr fast was tough. Started feeling slow and crummy. Ate 1lb of steak and felt a little better but got REALLY Sleepy. About an hour later I felt pretty good so I ate another 1lb of steak and some stir fried veggies. Felt good and decided the 24hr fast would work better for me. So that's what I've been doing. Just eating 1 high protein meal a day.

That first 48 kicked me into Ketosis pretty quick, but now I'll just maintain that with doing 24's. I feel great just eating once a day. No loss of energy at the gym.

Quitting Coffee/Caffeine and Beer are probably good things too.

Check out Zac Griffith OMAD on YouTube. He’s got a pretty good routine.

Comment

So far I've lost 15lbs of fat in 2 weeks.
              Eating once a day and Hitting the Gym after work

Comment

I'll soon be doing something similar. Are you doing anything for electrolytes, like snake juice?

Comment

Originally posted by Grizz83 View Post
                  I'll soon be doing something similar. Are you doing anything for electrolytes, like snake juice?
                  Yes, drinking snake juice when fasting

Comment

Can you eat chicken fried snake on this diet?

Comment

Originally posted by DirtyDave View Post
                      So far I've lost 15lbs of fat in 2 weeks.
                      Eating once a day and Hitting the Gym after work
                      Wow that's a great start. Congratulations on your progress. I think I could do something like this except that I really like beer in the hot summertime.

Comment

Working...
                      X