No announcement yet.

Good day for smoking meat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks good, do you grind your pepper or buy it already ground? I like the texture it gives the meat

Comment

Absolutely beautiful, keep the pics coming. Looks like you are a professional, and I'm jealous...

Comment

Had the GMG going all day yesterday had some friends over . 4 racks of ribs Smoked mac cheese with smoked bacon on top , extra bacon was in the beans . My buddy brought over a block of smoked cheese that he had done . Everyone needed a rest after the meal.

Nice smoker BTW a bit jealous may need to add a larger one Mine was a bit tricky with everything I had jammed in there . Apple/cheery/pear was the flavor yesterday

Comment

Originally posted by junior View Post
          Looks good, do you grind your pepper or buy it already ground? I like the texture it gives the meat
          I just buy the course ground in bulk containers from Sams or Costco. I know one particular barbecue restaurant down in Texas that grinds their own and they claim it makes a difference, but I wouldn’t know. I may give it a try someday.

Comment

Originally posted by hog_down View Post
            Absolutely beautiful, keep the pics coming. Looks like you are a professional, and I'm jealous...
            A professional? I’m not even close to being worthy of that title. I build a fire and hope for the best.

Comment

Originally posted by HDWRENCH View Post
              Had the GMG going all day yesterday had some friends over . 4 racks of ribs Smoked mac cheese with smoked bacon on top , extra bacon was in the beans . My buddy brought over a block of smoked cheese that he had done . Everyone needed a rest after the meal.

Nice smoker BTW a bit jealous may need to add a larger one Mine was a bit tricky with everything I had jammed in there . Apple/cheery/pear was the flavor yesterday
              Sounds like a really nice feed took place. That smoked Mac and cheese wouldn’t last long around me.

Comment

Got the pork ribs on.
                Attached Files

Comment

Looking good!

Not alot of folks use maple syrup. I use it for cooking/grilling often. I have easy access to the real stuff from trees not the stuff from a plastic bottle so that helps!

Comment

Beef ribs are off and resting. I’ll cut into them and post a pic in just a bit. I think they turned out really nice.

Comment

These are just about my most favorite thing to cook. It’s like fatty brisket on a stick. They are so good. I ate the two big ones and saved the others for later.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Looks great man.

Comment

Beef ribs have become my favorite as well. Mine get the same treatment - course pepper, salt and only post oak! It isn't rocket science to cook them but they HAVE to be perfect and that takes a little practice. Yours look perfect!

Comment

Man that looks really good.

Comment

Pork ribs turned out very nice. I use a sweet glaze on them that I make the last 30 min they are cooking. Gives them a really nice taste. The briskets are wrapped in butcher paper and the butts are wrapped in foil. Just a have to sit back and tend the fire now.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Am I the only who licked the screen while looking at those beef rib pics...

That sure looks good...

Comment

Working...
                                X