X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

awesome! looks great

Comment

Looks great so far.
      Last edited by Fishndude; 12-20-2018, 08:57 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by deerwatcher51 View Post
        You are sounding like Aaron Franklin now, which is not a bad thing. Pics are looking great.
        Aaron’s style/technique is what I attempt to copy, particularly on brisket. I source my Prime brisket from Creekstone Farms just as Aaron does. I had a barbecue trailer for a couple of years and my goal was to serve/sell “Franklin brisket” as best I could. I’d cook 15 briskets for a Saturday lunch session and they’d be sold out in 2hrs usually. It was a truly awesome feeling seeing a long line outside the food trailer knowing they were all there for the brisket.

Comment

That sound amazing. Wish for a sample.....

Comment

Originally posted by woodsbound View Post
            Daaang you got all types of good Q going on there, that's a ton of meat. In for the pics, especially the beef ribs. Do you have any pics of the smoker setup?
            Here is a pic of my smoker. It’s a 500 gallon offset. It has 3 full length racks in it. It’ll hold a lil meat.
            Attached Files

Comment

I wanna see a pic of this 500 gallon pit! Oops, to late...

Comment

Where do you get those beef ribs? I've been looking all over for the big 3 bone slabs and cant find them.

Comment

I had never made my own bacon before. My grandfather on my Dad’s side always butchered his own hogs and I remember him making his own bacon and sausage when I was a kid. There was a green and white shed out behind the house and that’s where all the meat processing took place. There was an old fridge in there, a couple different meat grinders, bone saws, etc.....

I had been reading up on making bacon. I decided I wanted to make “fresh bacon” with no nitrates. Itll get eaten so fast that it won’t need to be kept very long anyway. Last week I picked up a nice pork belly at Sam’s. I made a 50/50 mix of kosher salt and brown sugar. Added in a little maple syrup and rubbed the belly down good and then placed it in the fridge for 7 days. When the time was up, I got it out, washed it off good, and placed it in a gallon ziplock bag. This morning I placed it on the smoker until the internal temperature his 165-ish degrees. I then sliced it up thick and fried it up in a 1950’s model cast iron skillet. This was without a doubt the best bacon I’ve ever had.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Trevor73402 View Post
                    Here is a pic of my smoker. It’s a 500 gallon offset. It has 3 full length racks in it. It’ll hold a lil meat.
                    That pit is bad to the bone! Who was it built by, or did you build it yourself?
                    Keep the BBQ pics coming if ya can

Comment

Originally posted by dope hunter View Post
                      Where do you get those beef ribs? I've been looking all over for the big 3 bone slabs and cant find them.
                      I have a local meat market that keeps them in stock. They are ridiculously expensive here, but it’s my only option for them. If you live anywhere close to a Costco, they typically have Prime 4 bone slabs in the meat section. My buddy sent me a pick of some he picked up earlier this week. I think they were ~$6 per pound. He sent me a cook pic also and they looked very nice. Plenty of meat on them.

Comment

Looks good!! Now I’m hungry

Comment

Nice [emoji1360]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Merica!!

Comment

The briskets are getting some really good color already. Should be a good cook. I just gave the beef ribs a spritz with some ACV and wrapped them in brown butcher paper. The internal temp was around 165 on them. I usually cook these to 200-ish and start checking for tenderness. Not really a set temp. Just when they get soft.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by woodsbound View Post
                                That pit is bad to the bone! Who was it built by, or did you build it yourself?
                                Keep the BBQ pics coming if ya can
                                The smoker was built by CMP (Custom Metal Projects) over in Bebee, Arkansas. I ordered it back in March and didn’t receive it till early September. I’m still “learning” it as it’s a little different than the 250 gallon reverse flow I had previously. It was a good smoker, it just wouldn’t hold enough meat when I had to cook for a larger events.

Comment

Working...
                                X