No announcement yet.

Metal building cost?????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Glad to see all this feedback. I am about to build one down at the coast. Quote I’ve gotten is toughly$25-26/ ft for the building and slab.

Comment

Comment

My 30x80x14 w/ 5:12 build started 2 weeks ago.
        5" slab/beams/vapor barrier and building w/ ridge vents, gutters, 3 roll ups, 3 walk thru's and 1 window.

I received quotes from $22 to $28 sft for above build. Settled on $27

I then added 1" painted spray foam and it jumped to $30 sft (don't care for yellow as it gets dungy looking after time IMO)

One thing that I didn't put much empahasis on was the location of my build. I am building just off the Crest of a hill and the additional dirt work is mind blowing. I knew I was going to have bring in dirt but 180 loads of select adds up quick!

All worth it as this is the beginning of my forever home with the house next on the list.

Comment

Originally posted by profish2004 View Post
          5" slab/beams/vapor barrier and building w/ ridge vents, gutters, 3 roll ups, 3 walk thru's and 1 window.

I then added 1" painted spray foam and it jumped to $30 sft (don't care for yellow as it gets dungy looking after time IMO)

One thing that I didn't put much empahasis on was the location of my build. I am building just off the Crest of a hill and the additional dirt work is mind blowing. I knew I was going to have bring in dirt but 180 loads of select adds up quick!

All worth it as this is the beginning of my forever home with the house next on the list.
          Is that $27 with or without the dirt work?

Comment

We did a 40x60x14' 90mph engineered barn for around $40k. (2) 12' doors and a 25x12 covered porch. Price included dirt work, concrete slab and putting it together. It was also insulated.

Comment

Our 20x50 was great, but one problem: the grooves in the metal paneling created openings around the bottom of the walls. As a result, the building became a luxury resort for black widows and other vermin. Be sure you seal those up in some way.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruark View Post
                Our 20x50 was great, but one problem: the grooves in the metal paneling created openings around the bottom of the walls. As a result, the building became a luxury resort for black widows and other vermin. Be sure you seal those up in some way.
                They make closures for that. I used them and also spray foamed.

Comment

Originally posted by CentexRancher View Post
                  Is that $27 with or without the dirt work?
                  Without the dirtwork

Comment

Originally posted by Ruark View Post

I built a shop 20 years ago and had the same problem. I calked the whole shop and solved the problem. I built my new shop 1.5 years ago and spray foamed the inside and it took care of the problem. It keeps dust out as well.

Comment

Originally posted by profish2004 View Post

Good pricing for what you are getting and sounds like it will be built with quality in mind.

Comment

Working...
                      X