Life Style Change...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Life Style Change...

After more than 40 years of smoking I've made it 3 weeks without. Did it cold turkey after being sick and figured it was time.

I've also restricted my "happy hour's" to weekend only and on the 3rd week of that as well. Already saved some $$ not buying on the GS, lol!!

I have raised a lot of HELL for many years, worked hard and lived hard but want to do my best to live as long as my health will afford, so doing my best to kick the habits and enjoy my family for years to come, God willing.

Can't guarantee I'll stay "smoke free" but dam sure going to keep the mindset to stay clean.

Just wanted to share...my kid's and wife are amazed...so far, and I'm doing my best to keep them amazed!

Atta boy.

Comment

Go Don Go...........

Comment

Keep it up. Good for you.

Comment

Keep it up!

Comment

A couple months after having my first child, I quit cold turkey. I'm glad I did and haven't looked back since. Keep it up, it will get easier.

Comment

Keep it up! Good work

Comment

Congrats, keep up the streak! Out of curiosity, why would you consider going back, self control?

Comment

don't give up...…
                  If I can do it... So can you....

Comment

Originally posted by kae006 View Post
                    Congrats, keep up the streak! Out of curiosity, why would you consider going back, self control?
                    The comment I made was based on my past life work experiences and the demons that "sometimes" still haunt me? Not going into detail, but what I experienced in a world most never have to deal with.

I know this is vague, but it is a part of me that never goes away and I've realized never will. Some call it PTSD, I don't call it that as I feel that's a "catch all" definition and not a reason to "not self control for some?"

Just specific to me, but obviously NOT a done deal as the desire could creep up anytime to ease the pain and memories...yep, a crutch. I hope not but I know I'm vulnerable and the battle still rages on even as age progresses.

A valid question and I hope this helps you understand.....

Comment

Keep em amazed!

Comment

Go for you man, stay strong.

Comment

Good deal. I quit 20 years ago cold turkey. Then quit drinking a year or so later.
                          I feel for you about the demons. I just call mine ghosts. They are always there then suddenly pop out.
                          I get cravings at the oddest times like 3 am or in the shower.
                          I still take it 1 day at a time.
                          GOOD LUCK an PRAYERS.

Comment

Good for you and your family, keep at it!

Comment

I quit cold turkey too. It was tough and I still get occasional cravings and it’s been 8 years or so.

If you fall, just get back up on the horse!

Comment

Working...
                              X