No announcement yet.

Hunter Harassment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If I were you I'd start eradicating those feral hogs that have been tearing up your ranch....at 3am.

Comment

Had a run in with the land owner who leased hunting rights to us. She was driving up and down the road through her property which was fine as she lives there. Only problem was she was blasting her radio or yelling on her phone which was connected to speaker phone via her radio. She would haul *** down her road and do what while we were hunting. I let it slide until she kept up most of the first evening I was hunting. I let her son know since he initiated the lease agreement we all signed including her. He ended up letting her know she needed to stop or else we would be requesting our money back since she was violating our contract. Needless to say we only hunted that season, too bad was a great little ranch. She really didn’t want us hunting though just our money.

Comment

Originally posted by WhiskeyTango View Post
        Yes that is true.

Then why do I need a TX license if I put in on the okiehoma side?

Comment

Originally posted by Phdan View Post
          That idk. I'm speaking on my past experiences with duck hunting down here in Anahuac

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Also, i didn't see that he put "private water" before my comment.

Comment

Originally posted by Charles View Post
              I wouldn't loose sleep over that ^^^. He made his own bed, it's time for him to lay it. Plus, the game warden explained to him you and your group have every "right" to hunt. So he had fair warning.
              This. Your LOis nicer than me. I would have told the LEO's to throw the book at him.

Comment

I've had problems w my neighbors locally for yrs. They called the gw making false accusations in order to try to get me to stop. Heated words were exchanged w the game warden when he wanted to search my house for deer meat. Searched away. No meat found. Told him I havent shot a deer in ten years. So I informed him about the woman who called and how shes called the cops who can do nothing because we re legal. Told the gw of a hog trap the lady had on core property as well as a turtle trap she had in the lake. So she wound up w a few citations. The harassment continued...finally one am the woman cranked up a lawn mower at 5am to jump the ducks off the lake, and was cussin at my son who was 5 at the time. I turned over a gopro video of her doing so. Texas sportsman's act was used against her. She did have to go to court about it. Havent heard from her in many years now. That seemed to of solved the problem. Education and making sure you are legal are key

Comment

"State line" "State Waters"

If I'm wrong please correct me

It's kinda like if you go fishing so many miles out to where you are in FEDERAL waters you don't need a fishing license only the captain does.

I'm sure someone on here knows it better than i do

Comment

Wise County? City people moving here in droves. Ugh.

Comment

Gonna only get worse in North Texas with larger parcels getting split into small ranchettes.

Comment

Originally posted by oktx View Post
                        Wise County? City people moving here in droves. Ugh.
                        Yes.

Originally posted by friscopaint View Post
                        Gonna only get worse in North Texas with larger parcels getting split into small ranchettes.
                        What amazes me is the out of state city folks moving to the country and expecting us to adapt to their lifestyle. The neighbor sent us several messages telling us that they moved to the country for the peace and quiet and that is what they expected.

He even had the audacity to demand we quit hunting and hunt the nearby public land. One morning in 2017 the ducks were flying and he had hunters on three sides shooting. I asked him if he was going to try and stop hunting on the public land.

Comment

Well, maybe after court "he" will compromise with you now.
                          Hope it all works out brother.

Comment

Originally posted by friscopaint View Post
                            Yes. Hard to find a place to dove hunt now.

Comment

What a jerk, have to commend you on your patience. I’m not sure I would have been as polite.

Comment

Good luck

Comment

Working...
                                X