Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Heading out for a 6 day catfishing trip!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JeffK View Post
    Bigger the better for a yella. Can’t beat that big slab of belly meat.
    Heck ya. Great for grilled fish tacos. Also make catfish cakes with it.

I'll be on Lake Limestone this weekend running lines.

Comment

Checked some jugs this morning. First one had a decent blue. Kept a few to eat later. Caught a 15 pound buffalo in the net to use as cut bait as well as shad and perch. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_21731.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	77.4 KB
ID:	24574804

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Comment

Dinner tonight.Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_21771.jpg
Size:	48.6 KB
ID:	24574805

Comment

Originally posted by bowhntrmatt View Post
          Are the white bass still running down there or are they done? I’m sure I have passed by your place while catching them, but never catfished down there. Y’all rod and reel fishing or running lines?
          I caught 4 whites off the dock in about an hour. Caught 6 in a slew with one throw of the net.

We're running jugs and drop lines

Comment

Beats sleeping on the couch....

Comment

You guys let your jugs free float or weight them down?

I’ve only ever run jugs at Choke in deep water with lots of weight.

Comment

We tie some off to trees and put small weights on others. They never go too far.

Comment

Originally posted by bowhntrmatt View Post
                  You guys let your jugs free float or weight them down?

I’ve only ever run jugs at Choke in deep water with lots of weight.
                  We have some of both

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
                    We tie some off to trees and put small weights on others. They never go too far.
                    That’s what I figured. Not too far they can go on the river. Just drive til you see the jug.

Comment

Went out to catch bait and check lines and Tim caught 5 big Tilapia in one throw. One went on a huge hook live, 2 went into cut bait and 2 went in the freezer.Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_21781.jpeg
Size:	81.1 KB
ID:	24574823

Comment

Man that sounds like fun. In for some pics

Comment

Man I must have been doing it wrong all these years. I only ever ate yellow cat once and it was at a fish fry one of the neighbors put on down at Lake Placid. If memory serves that one was up around 80lbs live. Darn thing tasted like mud and breading. That was 30 years ago and since then every one I've caught I've thrown back in.

So cutting the tails off and letting them bleed out makes them tasty?

Richard.

Comment

Originally posted by Junkers88 View Post
                            Man I must have been doing it wrong all these years. I only ever ate yellow cat once and it was at a fish fry one of the neighbors put on down at Lake Placid. If memory serves that one was up around 80lbs live. Darn thing tasted like mud and breading. That was 30 years ago and since then every one I've caught I've thrown back in.

So cutting the tails off and letting them bleed out makes them tasty?

Richard.
                            It may be different lake to lake but if you like catfish you will me mad once you try flathead again. They're always better than blues IMO

Eating A T bone steak right now. I know our lines are loaded but too tired to go back out

Comment

Kept some for my uncle who is disabled. Caught one good flathead and had a sink full of other good ones. We kept most because the weather tomorrow is suppose to be bad and it will be catch and release most likely.Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_21821.jpg
Size:	43.5 KB
ID:	24574827

Comment

Way to go guys!

Comment

Working...
                                X