2019 Crappie thread!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lake Belton 3-10

I have been neglecting posting fishing on here for what reason IDK. I got a friendly call out on it on a fishing board. So I will post some reports now like I should have been doing.

Had a few friends out at the Barge on Saturday afternoon at about 3 and we ended up with 54 I believe. I iced those down and hit it Sunday at 9 am and after 2 hours I had 22 more. All fish came from about 45' depth and 15-17' deep. Most on minnows, rosey reds, few on white jigs Sunday am. On my barge it says the water temp is 58. I am no expert but some of these fish looked spawned out. Maybe they were just not fully developed, but they were small egg sacks. Lots of fun and 16 lbs of fillets.
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Snowflake Killa View Post
      Man I didn't need to look at that video it's going to cost me.[emoji16]

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

It really is all they say it is.
      I struggle with trying to video and fish at the same time. I had a lot of fish shoot up out of the brush and nail my jig half way down.
      It was cool to watch.

I finally got all my ducks in a row and plan on selling a few trips if anybody wants to catch some fish on LOP
      Last edited by Buff; 03-11-2019, 11:08 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by red-fin View Post
        I have been neglecting posting fishing on here for what reason IDK. I got a friendly call out on it on a fishing board. So I will post some reports now like I should have been doing.

Had a few friends out at the Barge on Saturday afternoon at about 3 and we ended up with 54 I believe. I iced those down and hit it Sunday at 9 am and after 2 hours I had 22 more. All fish came from about 45' depth and 15-17' deep. Most on minnows, rosey reds, few on white jigs Sunday am. On my barge it says the water temp is 58. I am no expert but some of these fish looked spawned out. Maybe they were just not fully developed, but they were small egg sacks. Lots of fun and 16 lbs of fillets.

Good stuff! That's a fun lake you have down there!! Very pretty place!! Congrats on sacking em up!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I have a wide hair to catch some with a fly rod while they are up shallow.
          Made up a few weightless jigs to use.
          Has anyone caught them this way?
          Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2920.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	89.3 KB
ID:	24573067

Comment

Originally posted by Buff View Post
            [ATTACH]949640[/ATTACH]
            No but sounds fun

Comment

[ATTACH]949640[/ATTACH]
              Yes. Years and years ago I did it once. You could see the fish in about 12-18" of water.

The fish are biting, and there's hogs to be kilt. Gotta go!

Comment

[ATTACH]949640[/ATTACH]
                Caught them mixed in with white bass on the flys

Comment

Crappiefest is March 30th on Fork! $75 entry fee with $25 of it going straight to NOCC. National ovarian cancer society. Tried linking the poster but can't get it to work today. Look it up on crappie anglers of Texas and all the info is there.

Comment

Worked this time!!!

Comment

I’m new to Texas. Moved here from Jackson, MS. Any decent crappie lakes within an hour of Kerrville, TX. My boat sure would like to get in the water soon! Thanks in advance!

Comment

I cleaned up the Panoptix video and added some music.
                        What do you think?

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. Posting of objectionable material in text, attachments or embedded links is grounds for immediate suspension.
                        I AGREE, PLAY EMBEDDED VIDEO
                        Last edited by Buff; 03-13-2019, 10:02 AM.

Comment

I don't like to cuss....but that's a bad *&^&****((** video.

Comment

Buff, I can't get link to work. My cell says I don't have an app for it. I'll check it out when I get home.

What Garmin head did you get?

The fish are biting, and there's hogs to be kilt. Gotta go!

Comment

Thats incredible!

Comment

Awesome video, Marty. That Panoptik is amazing, though I haven't seen one in person.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X