X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Awesome. Congrats!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Awesome! Word on the street is...they did exactly what they were supposed to for you boys. Can’t wait to hear the recap!

Comment

Atta boy clay, great stuff. That bird is bigger than him!!

Comment

Awesome!

I got a bunch of my stuff down yesterday and put it in a pile for next weekend

Comment

Originally posted by 88 Bound View Post
            Awesome! Word on the street is...they did exactly what they were supposed to for you boys. Can’t wait to hear the recap!

Waiting myself.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
              Waiting myself.
              That makes at least 3 of us, the Zima must be flowing

Comment

I saw a couple of lone gobblers cruising last week. I hope this guy is still around.
                Click image for larger version

Name:	15F1BB29-60F2-41ED-852E-ED98D9F94FB5.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	104.9 KB
ID:	24572953

Comment

Waiting myself.

Patience ladies!

Comment

JFT Turkey Tour 2019

Originally posted by ClayW View Post
                    Patience ladies!

Title should read... JFT Turkey Tour on 48 hour delay..[emoji23][emoji23]

I guess I need to call Popo or Ms. Sally to get the dang story. [emoji23]

Comment

Originally posted by Fishndude View Post
                      Just think...WWSD?
                      just seeing this!

What would SMART do??!!!

Comment

Originally posted by ClayW View Post
                        just seeing this!

What would SMART do??!!!

Oh so you have plenty of time to reread your thread but none to do a recap?

Claaaay.....Come on Claaay!

Comment

Little weekend recap

Against my advice and will, we hunted a couple of different spots on Saturday. My brother (Logan's dad) had a few places that he lined up and wanted to give those a shot. So the "Corner Post" spot would wait until Sunday.

We scouted just enough to hear them on the roost Friday evening, but that was about it. Saturday morning had us pretty much blind and setting on a sender that parallels a creek. The birds were there but went the other way.

Saturday evening had us in a spot I used to hunt a lot as a kid, but haven't in several years. We setup close to the river and had birds gobbling almost immediately. But as hunting the river bottoms usually go, the birds were on the other side of the river and wouldn't come across. And it was hot! Right at roost time, we had several birds on our side but they roosted before they made it to us.

Overall, Saturday was some good hunting, but I was a little frustrated having to drag my 6yr old nephew through the grind. Especially since I had 9 gobblers patterned at one of my spots.

It was a no brainer where we were going to sit this morning. I do not know the exact tree where the birds roost, so I wanted to get setup nice and early. We were setup and ready by about 6am. Finally at 7:17, the neighbor's rooster fired up and the gobblers followed. Of the 9 longbeards, there is one (I assume super old) that is first to show and first to leave the field. He has been a complete loner through my scouting trips. Sure enough, around 7:50 I heard some wings flap and he landed in the field.

For a brief moment, he was fired up and gobbled a few times. He was at about 75 yards when I heard a gobble from down the river. The loner immediately dropped outta strut and skirted us. As soon as the new tom hit the field, the loner ran (and I mean ran) out of site.

The new bird was a couple hundred yards out and still didn't see the decoys. I assume the commotion from the loner had him curious. He answered all of my yelps and as soon as he could see the decoys, he started running in.

He started whipping the breeder Jake and Logan just sat there staring. I asked him several times if he was going to shoot and he said "Yeah!", but he would never aim. He was jacked up!!! Finally he was able to get a good aim and make the shot. The bird dropped and we rushed out to grab him.

Comment

I love killing turkeys, but having Logan kill his first one was pretty awesome. It ranks up there with the best of em.

The bird was a stud. I didn't measure the beard or spurs (I know...) but I'd say he was pushing 19-20lbs, 9" beard, and well over 1" spurs. He's in the freezer and my brother will be getting him mounted

Comment

Now that's what I'm talkin' 'bout ! Thanks for the recap JFT! Well done!

What did he shoot him with? 410? 20?

Comment

Now that's what I'm talkin' 'bout ! Thanks for the recap JFT! Well done!

What did he shoot him with? 410? 20?
                                My bad...

He shot it with my 20ga I put together

Comment

Working...
                                X