Wet Camo from flood

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wet Camo from flood

I have a family member(he's not on TBH)that had all of his camo get wet with flood waters last week from Imelda. He was able to get to it within a few hours and hang them out to dry but he's trying to salvage what he can with season fast approaching while waiting on insurance and all that mess. He's been told that he can wash them with hydrogen peroxide added to the water and it will help get any odors out and not fade them. He's a bit skeptical about it and asked that I see if anyone on on the green screen has gone through this and what/if any were able to salvage their camo and how they did it. Thanks in advance and good luck this weekend to everyone hitting the woods.

I just wash them regular in the washing machine with standard detergent and he should be good to go.

Comment

I know Hydrogen Peroxide is a bleaching agent. I would be skeptical as well.

Comment

Just wash them with nothing. Hang outside. Put in old dryer with cedar

Comment

If it wasn't soaking in that water for a long period of time he should be good to just regular wash them.

Comment

Was them with ALL Free and Clear...or any Scent free wash at Academy.....them let them hang out.

Comment

If the clothes have a noticeable odor, he can add 1/2 a cup of vinegar to the wash. I did this when I was washing a co-worker's clothes when he was flooded from Harvey.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike View Post
                I just wash them regular in the washing machine with standard detergent and he should be good to go.
                That was our thoughts in discussing it. He said they don't stink to him but he didn't want to chance it.

Comment

Just wash them like any other clothes and go hunt

Comment

Appreciate the input folks!

Comment

Wash them in baking soda. It will get the stink out and leave no smell.

Comment

Originally posted by ladybluearm View Post
                        This^^^Been used for years to remove odor from clothing.

Comment

Originally posted by ladybluearm View Post
                          Originally posted by ttaxidermy View Post
                          This^^^Been used for years to remove odor from clothing.
                          How much do you use?
                          1 cup?
                          1/4 cup?

As Always My Heart is filled with Love for you and Your Families. Not because I am commanded to Love my Neighbor but because I can, am able to and it brings me Joy.

Comment

Wash and hang out in the sun

Comment

For a full wash load, I would use 1 cup.

Comment

Working...
                              X