No announcement yet.

Somerville PHL 18-19

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did a search on white bass, not related to what came up, apparently it's not very safe to eat in some parts of the country. Do you guys know if ours are too full of mercury, arsenic and selenium?

I was looking forward to catching them, but now kinda nervous about eating them.

Btw, sat in the afternoon on the last day and saw a nice 6 pointer, not big enough to shoot though. If he is still alive next season, he will be tagged

Comment

Thanks for posting the pics of the eclipse. The kids wanted to see it but were in bed before 9. I showed them this morning and my three year old said she didn't hear any wolf last night.

Comment

Originally posted by verter View Post
        Did a search on white bass, not related to what came up, apparently it's not very safe to eat in some parts of the country. Do you guys know if ours are too full of mercury, arsenic and selenium?

I was looking forward to catching them, but now kinda nervous about eating them.

Btw, sat in the afternoon on the last day and saw a nice 6 pointer, not big enough to shoot though. If he is still alive next season, he will be tagged

You don’t want to eat the whitebass from our area. Bring them all to me for proper disposal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

There is tiny little babies in this pick also.

Comment

That’s my 12” rubber boot.

Comment

Yesterday evening was a nice hunt. Finally got to go to my spot, was super pumped because of that tracks and size of one in particular. Had deer come by at 13yds but no shooters. And crazy enough, didn’t even hear a hog. Then walked out last night with my stand on my back under a huge bright moon. Deer season is over and life can commence.
              Elk season can’t get here soon enough.

Comment

Anybody want to confirm that Somerville is flooded again? Saw they got 1.5” of rain yesterday

Comment

Originally posted by 97JeepGuy View Post
                  Anybody want to confirm that Somerville is flooded again? Saw they got 1.5” of rain yesterday
                  Never mind, I went out today and everything is normal the water is just more murky. Only saw woodies on public land but quite a few gadwall on all the ponds surrounding the somerville area.

Comment

Has anybody been fishing for white bass, any reports to share?

Comment

Iv herd there thick and iv herd there not....lol go find out for me so I know if I should go this weekend hahaha

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Turkey/Pig Hunt

When is the next turkey/pig hunt?

Comment

I limited out on Sunday in the Irwin Bridge area. Fished from 0730 to 1300. Parking lot was packed full at 0730 too! Went a few times before that and it was up or down...definitely not that good. May go tomorrow if it doesn't rain since I can't go this weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by scottimus View Post
                            When is the next turkey/pig hunt?
                            I'm good to hunt pigs pretty much anytime. I plan to hunt public turkeys up in LBJ Grasslands for some Rio Grandes....I received some info from a hunter up there and hopefully will have some luck. Season is March 30th to May 12th and I'm going opening weekend unless there is some crazy cold or rainy weather. I'm also going to go at least one weekend to Caddo WMA but that season is April 22 to May 14th and has Easterns, which are harder to hunt from what I hear. I've only killed one Rio Grande tom on private land in the past.

Comment

Originally posted by GD47 View Post
                              Iv herd there thick and iv herd there not....lol go find out for me so I know if I should go this weekend hahaha

Some people on Sunday were tearing them and some people fished all morning and ended up with just a few. I don't like to just sit at Irwin Bridge and hope they come to me. I like to work up and down that creek on those honey holes. They definitely aren't super thick up there yet.....where you can just throw any bait in any direction of the creek and catch them like crazy.

Comment

I need to make my presents known at wma havent been since weekend before closing lol I'm pretty sure my cam is still out there hahaha

Comment

Working...
                                X