No announcement yet.

Why do you bowhunt?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Because the feeling of successfully getting within 10-15 yards of my prey, drawing my recurve with my finger on the string, and my eyes just focused on the animal, letting it go, and having that arrow hit its mark and effectively killing it is unmatched by any other hunting experience I've been on.

I enjoy hunting, and will still break out the boom stick from time to time in order to get it done with less challenge than it takes with the recurve... and those hunts will be fun... but any hunt is made that much better if you successfully do it within bow range.

Comment

Started for me as adding another month to my season but after the first sit I fell in love with it. I’ll switch between my rifle and bow during the regular season though

Comment

Because hunting is in my blood.

I’ve always loved being challenged but there’s more to it than just the challenge. Longer season gives me more time doing what I love, hunting out west has ruined sitting in a deer blind here in Texas and using a bow makes it fun again, tags out of state for desired places are more easily accessible with a bow as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Bucksaw View Post
          Extra month of hunting. Same reason I bought a muzzleloader.

X2

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Because I love hunting and I love watching animals and bowhunting is up close and in-your-face action. Sneaking in close on a wild animal undetected can't be beat.

Comment

I love to shoot my bows.
              I enjoy killing stuff.
              Seems to work okay for me.

Gary

Comment

Challenge, and because my leases dont have big enough deer to feel satisfied shooting them with a rifle

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
                  Because I enjoy it
                  Simple, ain't it ?

Comment

Because I like it. Like many, started as a way to have a longer season. Now, I just like the challenge more than rifle hunting.

Comment

For me it’s the challenge and the Thrill of being so close you can hear the animals breath, crunch corn and acorns but to have them never know you were there. That’s a success in its self. Also hearing the THWACK when your arrow hits right where you want it to go, that gets to ol heart pumping good. Plus you see and hear and learn so much more when you are right on top of the animals instead of being in a blind 100yrds away.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

High risk...
                        High Reward!

Comment

Started bowhunting to get the extra month and put the bow up as soon as rifle season started but I enjoy bow hunting much more now. I rarely get busted rifle hunting our place is pretty easy to shoot what you want with a gun. Getting it with a bow can be very frustrating and I get busted every year. I really enjoy the challenge of it.

Comment

Originally posted by Bucksaw View Post
                            Extra month of hunting. Same reason I bought a muzzleloader.
                            X2

Comment

So I can get on TBH and read about all the rifle hunters making fun of bow hunters needing a tracking dog.

Comment

Get to hunt longer main reason. I have come to prefer hunting with my bow if I am going after does or a cull buck. When I am hunting an old big deer, that is very rarely seen during daylight, I still grab the rifle. Also depends where I hunt. I really enjoy bow hunting the hill country where I will have 10+ deer within 20 yds of me. When hunting central TX where I see an average of 0-2 deer per sit, I have the rifle in my hand.

Comment

Working...
                                X