Why do you bowhunt?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why do you bowhunt?

The title says it all? What’s your reasoning? Not enough acreage to support rifle, challenge, thrill, longer season, etc?

Because I enjoy it

Comment

All my guns fell into the river

Comment

Extra month of hunting. Same reason I bought a muzzleloader.

Comment

Based on the last couple of seasons, I bow hunt because I never have to get my hands bloody and I never have to resharpen my knives!

Comment

Cuz

Comment

It's fun.

Comment

For me it comes down to a few things. Challenge, being closer to the animals and I love shooting in the evenings and weekends in my yard. I practice a ton and I am always learning something new. Nothing against rifle hunting, it's just not my thing. I haven't shot a deer with a rifle since the early 90s.

Comment

For me it is the challenge. Gave up the gun 10 years ago because i was bored with it. Last couple years i switched to traditional archery to increase that challenge even more. I enjoy shooting guns and take gun hunters all the time. I just don’t get any rush out of doing it myself. My three boys have also switched to archery only. We still kill just as many deer.

Comment

Started out as a way to have a longer hunting season. But now its the up close in the middle of the action vs setting in a box 100yrds away that I get a real kick out of.

Comment

the purity of it, longer season, easier/cheaper out of state hunting.

Comment

Earlier start

Challenge. I have not a lot of desire to shoot a deer with a gun anymore. I will, but it doesn’t do much for satisfaction.

The feeling of taking an animal with a bow is something that non bowhunters don’t understand until by do it themselves. I was like that once until I had about 3-4 bowkills and the satisfaction of accomplishing that has made it worth the efforts.

Comment

I started bow hunting because I was bored with sitting in a small house, with windows, heat, and comfy chair and shooting deer! In other words, the challenge intrigued me. Now I am bored with that, so I am starting to rifle hunt out west for different game and will swap over to a bow there once I get an antelope, elk, and mule deer with a rifle.

Comment

Because killing them with your bare hands is illegal.

Comment

The challenge and thrill of it.

Sent from my LM-X410.FG using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X