No announcement yet.

Micklethwait BBQ in Austin?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm a little weird. I like to eat BBQ based on my own tastebuds, not how somebody else's tastebuds tell me I should eat it.

I like good BBQ.....with and/or without sauce (without mostly). I'm not scared to be looked down on by the BBQ gods because my butcher paper has a little bit of dipping sauce on it when not needed nor am I scared to eat great BBQ without sauce. If I ate with their tastebuds, I'd consider eating what the BBQ gods says is the only acceptable way....thankfully I do not...

Just keep tough and dry away from me....that is all I ask..

Comment

Originally posted by bowhuntertex View Post
      Yep Was made to disguise the horrible taste of so called Yankee BBQ.

Dang Rudy's!

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
        I'm a little weird. I like to eat BBQ based on my own tastebuds, not how somebody else's tastebuds tell me I should eat it.

I like good BBQ.....with and/or without sauce (without mostly). I'm not scared to be looked down on by the BBQ gods because my butcher paper has a little bit of dipping sauce on it when not needed nor am I scared to eat great BBQ without sauce. If I ate with their tastebuds, I'd consider eating what the BBQ gods says is the only acceptable way....thankfully I do not...

Agreed. I love some Cooper's dipping sauce.

Rudy's sauce is pretty good on the turkey and chicken.

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post

Ain't near as good as Salt Lick's sauce

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post

Chris thinks he's the BBQ gods' gift!

Hi Chris!

Comment

Lol. I like em on everything! That's cause I'm Yankee! Leave me and my taste buds alone! .

Oh by the way, Rudy's like 2 minutes from my house! Now I'm hungry for some BBQ!

Comment

Originally posted by Silent Assassin View Post
                Chris thinks he's the BBQ gods' gift!

Hi Chris!
                He is riding on daddy's coattails. We all know who runs that pit.

Comment

Originally posted by burntorange bowhunter View Post
                  he is riding on daddy's coattails. We all know who runs that pit.
                  lmao!

Comment

Hard to run a pit when you pass out before the cooking is done............

Comment

Originally posted by BrandonA View Post
                      I haven't tried the Shack in Burnet since it re-opened under new ownership. I have heard it was good but I have bad memories of the previous owners.. I will have to give it a try. There is a new place in Marble Falls that I hear is good. I think it is Holy Smokes BBQ on commerce street. Might have them for lunch today.
                      I personally dont care much for holy smokes it's ok. When you go to holy smokes you should stop by and say hi we are right across the street Hornsby custom cabinets. Usually 2 trucks with tbh sticker here.

Comment

Originally posted by bowhuntertex View Post
                        Hard to run a pit when you pass out before the cooking is done............
                        Or when you are playing with a donkey's balls.

Comment

Who left that darn fire box open anyway?!?!

Comment

There's gonna be a bunch of throat punch'n
                            cause of this thread!

Comment

This thread is so much better now that my boys have taken over from the jealous BoB haters.

Jake, that prank at Chicken Burn was one of the best ever.

Comment

This thread is so much better now that my boys have taken over from the jealous BoB haters.

Jake, that prank at Chicken Burn was one of the best ever.
                                Boys? Who you calling boys Old man?

Comment

Working...
                                X