Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Took it to APR today to get cut and cerakoted

Comment

This thread intrigued me, so I talked to a guy today & he’s built several Grendel’s in a 12” barrel & said they was solid shooters. He shot a doe with one this year at 287yrds drt. I know it’s not a creed but I my build me a 12” upper.

Comment

APR did fast work and it looks great.

Click image for larger version

Name:	CF001D95-830C-4069-8596-379D8222771F.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	58.1 KB
ID:	24571887

Comment

Thanks for choosing us!

Comment

Looks really handy! I’m a fan of short, handy rifles. Keep us posted on your opinions as you put it to use.

Originally posted by TxAg View Post

[ATTACH]947474[/ATTACH]

Comment

Originally posted by TxAg View Post

[ATTACH]947474[/ATTACH]
              Hope they threaded it.
              That muzzle blast will be noticeable

Comment

Originally posted by Big pig View Post
                Hope they threaded it.
                It's funny how people say that but in practice you don't see it, even a little.

I mean, nobody says things like "A semi-auto? Hope you're ready for the crash of the slide racking every time."
                Last edited by Balcones_Walker; 02-28-2019, 08:23 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by McClain View Post
                  Looks really handy! I’m a fan of short, handy rifles. Keep us posted on your opinions as you put it to use.
                  I love it!

Comment

Originally posted by Big pig View Post
                    Hope they threaded it.
                    No threads. The muzzle blast isn't any different than before. It's an easy gun to shoot

Comment

A company that use to build police and military sniper rifles years ago did a study with a 308 to find the best length. I know it’s different but it’s a very similar size for the case. They found the best length without losing performance for speed and accuracy was 18”. They started at 27” and went one inch at a time testing. Believe the company was TacOps, will have to try and find the info.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by traffic View Post
                        A company that use to build police and military sniper rifles years ago did a study with a 308 to find the best length. I know it’s different but it’s a very similar size for the case. They found the best length without losing performance for speed and accuracy was 18”. They started at 27” and went one inch at a time testing. Believe the company was TacOps, will have to try and find the info.

Comment

TacOps Tango 51

Comment

Yes Mike who owns TacOps is about as thorough as they come. I’ve spent much time on the phone with him over the years. Solid dude and makes a stupid accurate rifle, if you can afford them.

Sierracharlie out…

Comment

Working...
                            X