• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is gonna be EPIC!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Aggie PhD View Post

I think this may be him back in 2015. He was only around at the start of the season in 2015. Think I saw him twice. I named this deer “picket fence” because of his side profile.
      We are excited to watch him grow. We will have to wait and see if he gets a pass this year. As I get more pictures I will add them here

Got a pic of his tail?

Comment

I’ll dig back through the few pictures from 2015. But I don’t have many game cam pics of him. I stumbled on this one. It was in a folder buried inside another folder

I think I only had 3 pictures that were saved. I’ll post what I have and see if you pick something out. I know you can track them over the years a lot better than most of us

Comment

NICE!!! Cant wait to see more pics of him as he progresses. Hope you get him this year bud.

Comment

Well done! So hoping you get to reap the final rewards of restraint and patience. Setting a great example!

Comment

Marco,
              This is the only other picture I can find. And of course it doesn't show the tail very well.

We focused our search for his sheds in one part of the lease. The protein pen he is eating out of now is closer to the stand where I first saw him last year. The pen and my feeder are right in the middle of the lease. I wouldn't be surprised if he is hanging out real close to our camp.
              Attached Files

Comment

Beautiful deer. Hope he gets bigger and stays healthy! Is he going to be a target this year or let him ride?

Comment

Kinda conflicting but we’ll work with what we’ve got...

Click image for larger version

Name:	853B0C49-E138-4F4B-9EBA-36AD2BBC4556.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	71.5 KB
ID:	24583167
                  Click image for larger version

Name:	B715B366-7471-4A4C-B189-446B51CA3327.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	44.7 KB
ID:	24583168

Forehead looks pretty darn close.

Tail looks different... could be angle.

Given how exceptional a deer he is, and how rare a deer like that probably is in the area...

And how big and young the first pic is...

I don’t have a big prob calling him the same deer... and 2 in 2015 and 4 in 2017

Wish we had more info on those early pics to tell if it’s the same buck... but point angle... shorter 2’s than 3’s... look the same

And that inner beam ridge... at so young an age makes me feel like the mass is coming... as it did in last years pics...

Comment

Thanks Marco
                    I had a sneaky suspicion they may be the same. They act the same. The deer in 2015 was only seen the first couple weekends of the season. When I saw him in 15 he ate at the feeder for a couple minutes and was gone. That was the photo on the right side of the feeder. In 2017 that deer was seen for 2 maybe 3 weekends and never at the feeder.
                    In 18 he appeared at thanksgiving but was never had a pattern.

So I guess this year he will be 6.5. He will probably be on the hit list. It will be really hard to convince everyone to not shoot him. Although he doesn’t seem to pattern through the year he has been at 3 different stands over the years. And 2 of them are mine

Comment

His black hocks scream older last year too.. confounding buck to be sure.

That tail thing has me head scratching. Might check eartips.. 15 has black backed eartips can’t tell about front.... 18 has black fronted tips.. but can’t tell about back. but tail and forehead very distinctive. Both have a distinctive black neck stripe.

Comment

awesome deer! glad he made it through the off season!

Comment

Going to be following this one.

Comment

Don't listen to that 16 year old ****! that's a helluva buck. Good on you for passing. i don't think i could have.

Comment

Going to be a 190” deer this year I bet and only 5.5 dang What a special buck .

Comment

Went and filled feeders yesterday. To say they are hungry right now is an understatement
                                The one protein pen where he is been staying my buddy forgot to turn on the game camera when he changed cards last trip
                                So I figured we wouldn’t have picture of him this trip. We think the seed ran out and he went to another pen, where we last saw him hard antlered this spring
                                These aren’t the best pictures but this is what I was sent

Comment

Working...
                                X