No announcement yet.

Gold in Texas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes Sir, I have right here in Hill Country, silver too. I happened upon it when I started finding veins of quartz and petrified wood. The chunks of wood are very heavy for their size. I busted up some of the quartz and found some gold. No “motherload” finds, mostly like a gold version of lentils, dust and flakes. The first chunk of quartz I found was in the Honey Creek area of Guadalupe river park a few years back when I got picked up for hunting on standby. Now I come and go at will undetected. I have found these things in a few other Hill Country areas too because I know what I’m looking for now. The range is pretty vast too. I first found petrified wood in the hills by Medina lake, I’ve since found it around Leaky, Turtle Creek, the Cibolo, clear up past Mason, Sisterdale, and others. I’m not a geology nut nor a rock hound by nature, just observant, fast learning, logical, and lucky whilst outdoors.

I’ve found a bunch of other stuff that would be prudent to keep my mouth shut about.

Let me say this about that because I believe a State Park belongs to the public...They know exactly about silver in Honey Creek and thats why they keep John Q Public (the rightful owners) out and mine it themselves! They make no bones about keeping folk out of the Honey Creek area.

Don’t be afaid to turn a rock over and look in!

(This post created with Wild Turkey 101, BS & Fictional at best)
    Last edited by Johnny44; 02-12-2019, 12:03 AM.

Comment

I found a little in the Llano River. Just some tiny flecks, but there have been a few decent sized nuggets found there over the years.

Comment

Legends abound in the Hill Country. One of the older legends is of Jim Bowie’s lost silver mine near Menard.

Comment

★ ★ Highways Paved With Gold historical marker located in Ringgold, Montague County, Texas.

Comment

Yep I stopped in south Dallas to fuel up saw something shining in the asphalt kicked at it a few times then dug it out with a screwdriver biggest ring I ever saw fit on my thumb with room to spare.

Comment

Have found tons of fools gold drilling piers into blue shell.

Comment

There was a google post thT gold had been found in lampasas river. Apparently there is a membership dig somewhere that you can go mine.

Comment

Hail ya! Several times!

[ATTACH]945654[/ATTACH]

Comment

So gold show on the hunting channel several years ago came to the creek on the grounds of enchanted rock. Found a few flakes.

Comment

Yes, there is gold in Texas but most of it is 400mesh or smaller, very small but it is here. GPAA has several chapters here in Texas with spots to dig and prospect. LLano is in the center of the oldest rock formations in Texas around 600 million plus years old and were you will find the best Placer gold deposits.

Gold can be found in the Brazos but its a lot of hard work for very little gold. the GPAA has a place to dig south of Granbury also..
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by Tuffbroadhead; 02-12-2019, 04:10 PM.

Comment

There is alot of gold dust in Sandy Creek between Llano and Fredericksburg. We see it in the toilet tanks.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

There's a blue topaz found here in Texas that I believe can fetch a few dollars. Red Jasper everywhere but ain't worth much unless you got a good holistic customer base.

Comment

Working...
                          X