Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Question about the Academy clearance sale.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question about the Academy clearance sale.

It may have been answered in the zillion post on all the good deals going round.

question is... Does Academy do this every year or is this year "special" or the first of many.

I dang sure will be ready if they have another one. I was a day late and managed to get a few things.

thanx,

They have done it before but doesn’t seem to be once a year. They do 1/2 off clothes clearance at least twice a year.

Comment

They do this each year, that's when I bargaine shop for my hunting gear and such

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Comment

Our store in SA TX did this on almost everything in the store. Last time we did this was five years ago. So clearance sales are common, the 50% off is not that common.

Comment

thanx, I'll be better prepared next time.

Comment

Dallas store said it will be twice a year.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Guy at the one off 183 ask me if I found everything I needed ? I told him, No! why wasn't the archery target bucks on sale and a lot of other items I seen here on TBH and he said it was regional to what goes on sale, not all the same. Said they will do it twice a year. Next one will be in August or September

Comment

I've been to 4 different stores and asked 5 different managers and got 6 different answers. About like this thread is going. I think you'll just have to keep an eye out.

Hoggslayer

Comment

Originally posted by tiberiuswade View Post
                  They do this each year, that's when I bargaine shop for my hunting gear and such

Negative. MY wife has worked for Academy over 8 years and this is the FIRST time its happened at the stores in her district. No definite answer on how often they will do it from now on. (or even if they will do it again.)

Clothes do go half off clearance twice a year or so and sometimes shoes but has never been the whole store before. (minus guns, etc..)

Same goes for the Academy my brother works at. (different district thank my wife.)

Comment

Originally posted by MillsJake View Post
                    Negative. MY wife has worked for Academy over 8 years and this is the FIRST time its happened at the stores in her district. No definite answer on how often they will do it from now on. (or even if they will do it again.)

Clothes do go half off clearance twice a year or so and sometimes shoes but has never been the whole store before. (minus guns, etc..)

Same goes for the Academy my brother works at. (different district thank my wife.)
                    This is good information.

This is the first time they did store wide clearance at 50%. Usually they will do Hunting, Apparel, and Footwear at 50% during seasonal changes. This was a purge to push old merchandise to make room for new.

This was the largest media and social networking marketing that they have done for a clearance event. That is why it seemed like such a big deal.

Comment

Originally posted by captainsling View Post
                      This is good information.

This is the first time they did store wide clearance at 50%. Usually they will do Hunting, Apparel, and Footwear at 50% during seasonal changes. This was a purge to push old merchandise to make room for new.

This was the largest media and social networking marketing that they have done for a clearance event. That is why it seemed like such a big deal.

I have seen this annually...hunting is always done with 50% off of clearance prices .I have seen fishing included in that as well for modular changes where they stop carrying a product. I always thought it was storewide clearances when they did it but I never venture far from hunting and fishing anyway so that assumption is probably wrong...

Comment

Annual

Comment

I may have misread what you were talking about. This is what I was referring to as markdowns each year...they do)

(Usually they will do Hunting, Apparel, and Footwear at 50% during seasonal changes. )

Comment

Working...
                          X