• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ill be out tomorrow afternoon.

Comment

Out for evening hunt

Comment

Packed it in for the season.

I'll see everyone back here in just a few short months.

Sent from my SM-J327P using Tapatalk

Comment

Something’s eating good tonight! Cheers!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

So was able to get out this morning in hopes of getting some meat and had two doe and one buck who already dropped his antlers were hanging out at the feeder. I waited for them to calm down and got into full draw waiting for the angle and this man and his dog come hiking through. The man yells, “hello” as he clearly saw the feeder and the deer ran off. He stated “oh man, im sorry” and I just had to laugh. Just can’t catch any breaks this season. Looks like I won’t be back next year unless I get a good number. I have tomorrw and will try to double arrow two does on closing day. Lol

Comment

Originally posted by Maui-diver View Post
              So was able to get out this morning in hopes of getting some meat and had two doe and one buck who already dropped his antlers were hanging out at the feeder. I waited for them to calm down and got into full draw waiting for the angle and this man and his dog come hiking through. The man yells, “hello” as he clearly saw the feeder and the deer ran off. He stated “oh man, im sorry” and I just had to laugh. Just can’t catch any breaks this season. Looks like I won’t be back next year unless I get a good number. I have tomorrw and will try to double arrow two does on closing day. Lol

Good luck and do a live hunt. I got work tomorrow.

Don't know if I'm pulling my set this weekend or not. Think its supposed to rain.

I tried a new spot. Way to crowded in the area and the deer just never came to the feeder at any set time.

Thankful I got a deer on my buddy's place.

Don't think I'm putting in for next season. Maybe time to finally get on a lease.

After I shot a doe at my buddy's place, I really didn't have that motivation to only be able to hunt does.

Comment

Originally posted by hopedale View Post
                Good luck and do a live hunt. I got work tomorrow.

Don't know if I'm pulling my set this weekend or not. Think its supposed to rain.

I tried a new spot. Way to crowded in the area and the deer just never came to the feeder at any set time.

Thankful I got a deer on my buddy's place.

Don't think I'm putting in for next season. Maybe time to finally get on a lease.

After I shot a doe at my buddy's place, I really didn't have that motivation to only be able to hunt does.
                What place did you try?

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

Comment

I will offer this now for you guys. I spend a fair amount of time on the trails. I have walked most of the North part of the lake. If anyone wants to go on a hike I can show you a spot that I have bumped deer and it does not get a lot of pressure. It will be about a 2 mile walk in and out is the only problem.

Comment

Originally posted by Maui-diver View Post
                    I would have been upset. I wonder if it is the same guy and dog that came in my spot 1 evening.

Out now for last hunt.

Comment

Email Brad and request a season extension!��
                      A few years back we hunted until March to fill more Lake G tags!

Comment

I emailed him on the 30th, he said no extension. If y’all hear differently post. I didn’t know what to do with my day off today! Haha

Comment

I talked to him this morning and he said season is closed. I'll be out this weekend to get my stuff. I also asked for a tag count on does and bucks that were taken and haven't heard back yet

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

Comment

On another note, does anyone know of any public turkey hunting spots? Went to San Angelo last year but looking for something different this year.

Comment

Heading out to take down my stuff

Comment

Originally posted by ATXmike79 View Post
                                On another note, does anyone know of any public turkey hunting spots? Went to San Angelo last year but looking for something different this year.

Only thing close that I know about is Ft Hood. You'd have to buy the permit $125.00

I'm tire kicking getting one.

Other than that you'll have to hunt TPWD in east part of Texas.

Comment

Working...
                                X