Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Official 2018-2019 Lake Whitney , Lake Aquilla hunting thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It was a wet one out there this morning. Got 300 lbs of corn spread to keep them coming in.

Comment

Hope ya had some help Storm.

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
        Hope ya had some help Storm.
        All I had was my youngest son.

Comment

Dang storm!
          I got out there yesterday and got some corn down for me and a buddy of mine. Was soaking wet by the time I left.

Comment

Originally posted by switchback View Post
            Dang storm!
            I got out there yesterday and got some corn down for me and a buddy of mine. Was soaking wet by the time I left.
            Yep we we' were more than just a little wet.

Comment

Originally posted by Storm View Post
              It was a wet one out there this morning. Got 300 lbs of corn spread to keep them coming in.

Man 300lbs!! I was struggling with my one bag yesterday. Ran into quite a few people out there yesterday, woods were pretty full for a rainy day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Went out there about a week and a half ago to drop some corn and other minerals. Had a couple deer blow at me. Found quite a few spots to hang my saddle so hopefully I can get there early enough that nobody else is in one of those trees but all is fair on public units. Good luck to everyone this weekend. Can't wait to hear everyone's stories from the stand.

Comment

Originally posted by erikm1981 View Post
                  Man 300lbs!! I was struggling with my one bag yesterday. Ran into quite a few people out there yesterday, woods were pretty full for a rainy day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  Believe me when I say it wasn't easy, but we have to keep them coming in.

Comment

This should be an interesting season. I probably spent no less than 300 hours in the woods last year scouting preseason. This year is probably closer to 100 hours, but have only been down once in the last 2 months. Hoping nobody has claimed my favorite spots. Always nice to show up and find a stand with no hunter...not that that has ever happened. In all seriousness, I hope everyone has a safe and successful season. Y’all be careful out there.

Comment

Man, I’m gonna have to open a roadside stand selling corn, salt blocks and other deer attractants. Those are gonna be some chunky piggies out there.

Comment

This will be my first year hunting over there. I'd like to get on the lake a duck hunt a bit. Depending on how many trucks I see I'd love to try and deer hunt public land. Whats it like out there?

Comment

Originally posted by FF36 View Post
                          This will be my first year hunting over there. I'd like to get on the lake a duck hunt a bit. Depending on how many trucks I see I'd love to try and deer hunt public land. Whats it like out there?
                          Sometimes its a nightmare and at others its a dream.

Comment

This will be my first season out there as well. This weekend I am at Benbrook then after that down there during the weekdays.

Comment

Sometimes its a nightmare and at others its a dream.
                              Perfect explanation.

Comment

Ugh. Haven't even started spots this year. Maybe I will get out there and corn in a couple weeks. Don't wanna try opening weekend and next week is my Bray so I'm sure my family will have me busy that weekend since I work out of town during the week.

Comment

Working...
                                X