2018 LBJ Grasslands

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by seminole1990 View Post
    wish I could see these pics...juts an x inside a box. Sometimes pics are fine most of the time of late they're not. grrr

Try the web view if you are using Tapatalk. Some linked videos aren’t displaying properly in the last few months.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Only a few more weeks!

I went out this afternoon and checked cameras and did a little more scouting. It's the last time I'll be out before the opener. There was a new big 8 pointer on camera twice. I got the crab claw buck in a different spot, had a big hog come through twice and got a bunch of turkeys on camera (I left that card in the field). I haven't ever seen turkeys at the grasslands before, so that was pretty cool. I noticed that the deer movement has changed significantly since July/Aug.

Wishing everyone luck and blessing this season!
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Kdurham View Post
        PM sent

Why did you not shoot the pigs? What unit were they in? I need some breakfast sausage. We plan on going up today and scouting a few new ones. Do alittle dove hunting while we are walking around maybe

Comment

Pleasure finally joining the conversation, as this will be my first year doing some more committed hunting out on LBJ. It’s been a tricky place to scout and find consistent signs of larger deer. Don’t know how some of you guys are finding these giant public land bucks, but I hope y’all can create some success from all that hard work. I’ve been seeing some activity on my cams out there but nothing too exciting.

Comment

Originally posted by Blood Trail View Post

Those are sweet sheds! I really like the one with the funky kicker off G2.

Comment

Originally posted by KayaKyle View Post
              Pleasure finally joining the conversation, as this will be my first year doing some more committed hunting out on LBJ. It’s been a tricky place to scout and find consistent signs of larger deer. Don’t know how some of you guys are finding these giant public land bucks, but I hope y’all can create some success from all that hard work. I’ve been seeing some activity on my cams out there but nothing too exciting.
              Agreed! Getting em on camera is one thing; killing them is another!

Comment

Originally posted by jbhunting39 View Post
                Why did you not shoot the pigs? What unit were they in? I need some breakfast sausage. We plan on going up today and scouting a few new ones. Do alittle dove hunting while we are walking around maybe

He didn't shoot thew pig because it is a picture from a trail camera. He wasn't there when it came by. Also He probably isn't going to broadcast what unit his cameras are in. Maybe better luck via PM.

Comment

Originally posted by RShockley View Post
                  He didn't shoot thew pig because it is a picture from a trail camera. He wasn't there when it came by. Also He probably isn't going to broadcast what unit his cameras are in. Maybe better luck via PM.

I do not think we were quoting troys pics. I believe we were both responding to Blood Trail about his scouting adventure when he jumped up some pigs and then saw another group after that But thanks for clarification.

Comment

Originally posted by jbhunting39 View Post
                    I do not think we were quoting troys pics. I believe we were both responding to Blood Trail about his scouting adventure when he jumped up some pigs and then saw another group after that But thanks for clarification.
                    LOL. Well that makes a lot more sense.

Comment

Originally posted by troy_w_7 View Post
                      I went out this afternoon and checked cameras and did a little more scouting. It's the last time I'll be out before the opener. There was a new big 8 pointer on camera twice. I got the crab claw buck in a different spot, had a big hog come through twice and got a bunch of turkeys on camera (I left that card in the field). I haven't ever seen turkeys at the grasslands before, so that was pretty cool. I noticed that the deer movement has changed significantly since July/Aug.

Wishing everyone luck and blessing this season!
                      Dude. you are loaded. My expectations are high!

Comment

Checked cameras and scouted. Found a few bedding spots but no recent rubs. No pics on the camera I checked. Surprised as I was checking for people not deer. Didn't see any new foot traffic either. We may be there by ourselves. Or hunters will just show up on opening day and invade. Spooked one buck out of his bed. Not a biggun. Put up another camera to see if he comes through. None of my oaks look like they will have acorns this year. Makes sense. Last year was a bumper crop.

Comment

I didn’t scout this season. They’ll be out there

Comment

Went out and did some scouting couple days ago. Scared up some does. Saw some recent hog activity but not much else. Pretty quiet.

Comment

I put a few miles in yesterday around little Cottonwood lake. Saw a doe with two fawns on the way in and jumped a buck when we first started out.

Didn't see anything else the rest of the morning. Not a even a dove flying.

Comment

Originally posted by Turnkey View Post
                                I put a few miles in yesterday around little Cottonwood lake. Saw a doe with two fawns on the way in and jumped a buck when we first started out.

Didn't see anything else the rest of the morning. Not a even a dove flying.

I have noticed that, with our low deer densities, a lot of deer bed in visual based bedding. About the only time I jump good deer is on “just off” winds for the direction I am traveling. Dan Infalt talks about this for hunting bedding areas, and I have become a believer based on my personal experiences with it as well.

Comment

Working...
                                X