Ranch Hand/Maintenance Tech– Pilot Point, TX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rwc View Post
    Best of luck with your search, but I thought I had read where Tally Ranch was about the be developed into a Windsong Ranch type but on Steroids?

Rwc
    They've been talking about that for 20 years but it probably isn't too far out now. DR horton just started a sub division on the north side of town, I'm hearing talks of another in the planning stages just north east of town that is about 900 acres and another between Pilot Point and the Tally that is supposed to be a gated golf course community. Toll road extension is probably already taking place on the Tally. I know they are working north of there.

We're getting overrun and I'm not thrilled about it.

Comment

We’re paying 19 year olds more than that to train in HVAC/R if they’ll show up to work consistently and don’t do drugs. Might be viable to get an unskilled hand and hire local contractors for specific jobs. Best of luck on the search!

Comment

You need to go look in Denton on whatever street that is….where they are all standing around waiting for a ride

Comment

Originally posted by Hunting4fun View Post
          They are suggesting that paying someone 12-15 hr that can do that stuff, weld, plumb and work on tractors and skid steer tires, maintain utvs, etc etc isn't near enough.

Fast food starts at 16hr some places.
          Chic-fil-a pays more

Comment

Originally posted by Tyrex750 View Post
            Mabye thats why folks dont want to do manual labor any more. U can work at heb and make 16 an hr stocking groceries in the ac
            as long as they wear a mask..........

Comment

OP straight ghosted this thread.

Comment

Originally posted by snappertapper View Post
                OP straight ghosted this thread.
                Lol right

Comment

Unemployment pays better than that.

Comment

Job must’ve been filled real quick.

Comment

$15 an hour without perks is a ridiculous request for the desired skills. It's so weird to hear people complain that their businesses cant find good workers, but the next words out of their mouth are they're paying $12-15 an hour (who are you kidding).. which after taxes and typical expenses (cell phone, rent, food) is less than $100 leftover at the end of the month. It's not a popular opinion, but you need to pay more. If that means charging more for your business services, then so be it. If you can't make it after that, it's time to start looking for a new way to make a living.

Comment

Originally posted by Nemlo View Post
                        $15 an hour without perks is a ridiculous request for the desired skills. It's so weird to hear people complain that their businesses cant find good workers, but the next words out of their mouth are they're paying $12-15 an hour (who are you kidding).. which after taxes and typical expenses (cell phone, rent, food) is less than $100 leftover at the end of the month. It's not a popular opinion, but you need to pay more. If that means charging more for your business services, then so be it. If you can't make it after that, it's time to start looking for a new way to make a living.
                        Some will tell ya how thin the margins are yet they themselves sure wouldn’t work that cheap but expect others to for some reason. And then they treat their employees like trash and play ridiculous games and such. I’ve seen a lot of it first hand. And then there’s the really fun part when you have the crap that goes on between married couples (the owners) and employees get caught between that. Husband tells employees one thing and then wife demands employees do something different and then there’s conflict. Or the wife throws a screaming, dramatic fit over what the employees are doing because of the husband’s instructions. Sometimes the husband will flip things and not admit he ever gave permission for an employee to do it. There are all kinds of cruel games that get played on employees out on ranches. Evil things do happen.
                        Last edited by MontanaMountain; 09-16-2021, 06:37 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by txchuck View Post
                          This is a joke right? except the full time part
                          Unfortunately, I don’t think it is.

This year in the winter/ spring my wife wanted me to look @ something more local , had a great interview and it was very close to home . Then we got to the compensation part, it was , 3 10’s , 2 6’s & 1 4hr shift’s , starting pay $14 per hour with a bump to $18 after 90 days
                          I asked if they were joking ( they were not ) , it’s easy to why things are all messed up right now
                          I stayed self employed and they can hire me on contract

Comment

Best of luck to you S-3!

Comment

Usually these big ranch’s have living quarters to stay in which if you didn’t have houses expenses then it could possibly work out. Even then I’d never work for that unless it had crazy good perks

Comment

HAHAHAHA! This thread is funny.

First thing I thought after reading was, did we go back in time?

Was also waiting for an update saying it comes with room and board, vehicle, unlimited hunting at several locations, clothing and tool allowances and ranch credit card for anything else that is needed. lol

I suppose someone will take it eventually, but might not have a green card.

J

Comment

Working...
                                X