No announcement yet.

2021 College Football -Week 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question for the board. Do O-Lines continue to deteriorate on assignment blocking as kids graduate early and expect early playing time?

Aggies starting C (Bryce Foster) who is physically ready but has missed assignments leading to negative plays. Just a thought...

ac

Comment

Originally posted by Adgerc15 View Post
      Question for the board. Do O-Lines continue to deteriorate on assignment blocking as kids graduate early and expect early playing time?

Aggies starting C (Bryce Foster) who is physically ready but has missed assignments leading to negative plays. Just a thought...

ac
      For sure! O-line is certainly about being gifted physically but much more about understanding and experience.

Comment

ac
        Yes, you're probably right about that.

The teams that win will find ways to teach the younger less experienced linemen the job, change the scheme to make it less critical (very difficult to do) or teams that manage to keep those young men for 3-4 years instead of 2-3.

Comment

ac
          Well he is playing Center instead of guard. A lot more mental aspects to playing the Center position. If Matthews could ever get healthy which hearing that he is then maybe he could take over Center and then you could put Foster at guard (the position that they really recruited him for) at least let him battle it out with Aki and Robinson for that guard spot.

You could put our RT All SEC lineman at Center but then we would be weak at RT. Tackle has the least amount of depth. Foster isnt playing because he was a 5 star and position handed to. He is physically gifted but the coaches try to mix and match to put the 5 players together that make the best oline.

Comment

Originally posted by Chad C View Post
            So many missed assignments at the line of scrimmage, so many.

Bijan was successful when they ran zone, wide and tight.

on the other side of the ball, Texas had 26 missed tackles....26!

They sucked up and down the field, top to bottom, left to right, all night long. The team got kicked in the teeth repeatedly until they became the submissive team. Pig had their way with the boys. Banjos jamming in the background.
            Lol at that banjos comment. That's funny. You could feel inbreeding in the air.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

I am really nervous for my horns:
              I just can't get behind changing qb's is going to solve the number of issues we saw on Saturday. Also, Sark saw something that led him to believe Card was the guy, and Casey wasn't. I hope we don't see that rear its ugly head. I really don't care who the qb is, I just can't get behind Casey for several reasons: didn't win at the HS level. Literally took a playoff team, to losing records over the 3 years he started. He is INT prone (even when he lit it up against CO he threw one right to a CO DB that flat dropped it), he threw 25 picks in HS. It isn't so much I want Card in, I just think it shows a huge problem with the team that we don't have a clear cut qb and are back to before Sam times.

Comment

I doubt I get to see a snap of football this weekend, so I just aint gonna worry about it.

Comment

Originally posted by bigbad243 View Post
                  I am really nervous for my horns:
                  I just can't get behind changing qb's is going to solve the number of issues we saw on Saturday. Also, Sark saw something that led him to believe Card was the guy, and Casey wasn't. I hope we don't see that rear its ugly head. I really don't care who the qb is, I just can't get behind Casey for several reasons: didn't win at the HS level. Literally took a playoff team, to losing records over the 3 years he started. He is INT prone (even when he lit it up against CO he threw one right to a CO DB that flat dropped it), he threw 25 picks in HS. It isn't so much I want Card in, I just think it shows a huge problem with the team that we don't have a clear cut qb and are back to before Sam times.

I know it’s relevant but I wouldn’t put much stock in Thompson’s high school career. He is talented for sure based on his limited game experience at Texas. One would hope he has been developed way beyond High School during the 2 or so years he had been on campus.

Sark’s decision making and lack of in game adjustments that others have raised are likely the bigger concern. I predict they get healthy against Rice on Saturday and many of these concerns are partially lifted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                    I doubt I get to see a snap of football this weekend, so I just aint gonna worry about it.
                    That worked well for me last Saturday while hanging a tree stand during the aTm game. Saved me a lot of cussing

Comment

Same, I probably wont get to watch either (cooking in bbq comp). That might be for the best lol

Comment

Me either....at least Longhorn football. Family and Friends SoTX dove opener hunt calls

Comment

It's ok dale, the Frogs are off this weekend

Comment

2021 College Football -Week 3

Originally posted by eradicator View Post
                            It's ok dale, the Frogs are off this weekend

LOL, I would just as soon watch the frogs as anyone.

I have to run up to Southwest Oklahoma tomorrow for work/dove shooting, back Friday to get the travel trailer and run out to Possum Kingdom. Snoop has a tournament at Rocker B this weekend but they play late, so probably run out to deer camp to dump feed, and swap cards Saturday AM.

Comment

I have to run up to Southwest Oklahoma tomorrow for work/dove shooting, back Friday to get the travel trailer and run out to Possum Kingdom. Snoop has a tournament at Rocker B this weekend.

Yall staying at the state park?

Comment

I have to run up to Southwest Oklahoma tomorrow for work/dove shooting, back Friday to get the travel trailer and run out to Possum Kingdom. Snoop has a tournament at Rocker B this weekend but they play late, so probably run out to deer camp to dump feed, and swap cards Saturday AM.

I was going to try to be at the lake house so we could partake in a whiskey!

**** Covid…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Working...
                                X